Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am Addicted to applying for Credit Cards

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: I am Addicted to applying for Credit Cards

@Trin wrote:
For the last three years I have applied to more than twenty credit cards. I have more than enough cards with good spending limits. It is something about getting approved that makes feel good. Does anyone have some advice?

AMEX Delta Gold $8k, Citi HH $6k, AMEX HH Surpass $5k, NFCU $5k, CapOne $1500, HSBC $1250, AMEX Jet Blue $1k, Discover $1k, Barclay Aapple $1400

No i do not have that problem ! ! ! sounds like  you need to stop apping before you have some AA taken

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 41 of 44
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

I am addicted to check my CR and pre approved everyday, oh my God. help meSmiley Sad I need to go to rehab.

I'll be right there next to you, Dave...lol!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 42 of 44
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

It is probably better to say we're working towards a thick credit file.

Good one!

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 43 of 44
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@too-much-time wrote:

@Lin55 wrote:

Also, i just want more cards and/or real high limits so i don't have to micro-manage and pay before statement cuts to manage UTIL. If my overall CL is super high, I can just be normal and PIF after statement cuts and still have a 2% overall UTIL. Can't wait for that day!  

Your scores will dip though with balances reporting on most cards.

I only use one card though (out of 11 CCs).

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.