Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am SO ticked off right now!!!

tag
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

I am SO ticked off right now!!!

My Amazon account got a CLD!!!  Three years of perfect payments, no overlimits; and they do this???  They won't even tell me why I had a CLD!!  The first rep I spoke to didn't make any sense, the second rep I spoke to told me that I had the wrong department (it was the backdoor #), and the third rep I spoke to (supposedly a supervisor) told me that every 6 - 12 months, accounts get reviewed and the banks make the decision to CLD....blah, blah, blah. I told the rep to cancel my account....

No more shopping at Amazon for me...

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: I am SO ticked off right now!!!

Was this the Amazon Store card or the Chase Amazon Rewards card?

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 2 of 28
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

Was this the Amazon Store card or the Chase Amazon Rewards card?

It was the Amazon Store Card...

Message 3 of 28
lazylane
New Contributor

CLD's suck..Macy's did this to me a few years ago after I added my mom to my account (she had a bk and I was helping her rebuild). They said the did the CLD after reviewing the cr. I closed the account too.

Message 4 of 28
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

That sucks. I love my Amazon store card. Those 0% 6,12, 24 financing offers are so helpful in making big purchases. Retail stores will almost never see a purchase from me if i can mix the purchase into a larger order for stuff I need on Amazon.

you sure something didn't change on your CR recently that might have warranted the CLD?

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 5 of 28
gheedorah
Established Member

Lazylane, I thought the credit report of an authorized user couldn't affect your own account standing/credit?

That's scary stuff.

Message 6 of 28
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

That sucks. I love my Amazon store card. Those 0% 6,12, 24 financing offers are so helpful in making big purchases. Retail stores will almost never see a purchase from me if i can mix the purchase into a larger order for stuff I need on Amazon.

you sure something didn't change on your CR recently that might have warranted the CLD?

Nothing changed...at least not to my knowledge.  But lately, Amazon has been screwing up my orders...

Message 7 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sorry to hear about your CLD. Have there been any changes on your cr? Increase in util? Baddies?
Message 8 of 28
boomhower
Valued Contributor

You do realize Amazon has pretty much nothing to do with the card right?  They don't make the decision on CL, CLI's, or CLD's.  I would have called the undewriters before closing the card.  Have you checked your reports for any derogs that may have popped up?

Message 9 of 28
enharu
Super Contributor

Like boomhower said.... Amazon.com has NOTHING to do with your card. The store card is managed and backed by GE. The visa version is by Chase. It's up to the banks on what they decide to do with your card, not amazon.

Have u went on an application spree recently, especially with other GE backed cards?
Are you owing high balances on other cards?
Are there any changes in your credit report, such as collections, late payments, etc?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.