Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am SO ticked off right now!!!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: I am SO ticked off right now!!!

@digitaldiva wrote:

My Amazon account got a CLD!!!  Three years of perfect payments, no overlimits; and they do this???  They won't even tell me why I had a CLD!!  The first rep I spoke to didn't make any sense, the second rep I spoke to told me that I had the wrong department (it was the backdoor #), and the third rep I spoke to (supposedly a supervisor) told me that every 6 - 12 months, accounts get reviewed and the banks make the decision to CLD....blah, blah, blah. I told the rep to cancel my account....

No more shopping at Amazon for me...

Sorry to hear....Smiley Sad

I think you may have cancelled the card too quickly. GE may have seen something they didn't like on your reports but that doesn't mean you'll never get increased.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 28
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

@NJTurnpike wrote:

That sucks. I love my Amazon store card. Those 0% 6,12, 24 financing offers are so helpful in making big purchases. Retail stores will almost never see a purchase from me if i can mix the purchase into a larger order for stuff I need on Amazon.

you sure something didn't change on your CR recently that might have warranted the CLD?

Nothing changed...at least not to my knowledge.  But lately, Amazon has been screwing up my orders...

Amazon kept screwing up my orders and I kept having to return stuff. Then they blamed me and banned me from their site.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Dustink

Banned? For some reason that's funny to me. 😏
Message 13 of 28
enharu
Super Contributor

Did you try to contact amazon EO?

From what i read on slickdeals and fatwallet, amazon issues out a few ban sprees a few years back. Nowadays they still do ban people, but it actually does take quite a bit of work to get yourself banned.

1. You were returning too much items that were not defective or due to amazon's fault. Big ticket items such as TV, expensive cameras, laptops etc will tip you over much easily, since returns seems to be calculated on dollar value of item vs your spending on amazon.
2. Caught abusing using their payments or seller or other systems.
3. People intentionally mis labelled item as defective when its not, just to avoid return shipping fees.
4. Too many mysteriously disappeared packages when tracking says its been delivered.

If you think your ban was not justified, contact amazon ER and they will get back to you within 24 hours usually. If your ban is justified, they will not reinstate anything regardless of how hard you plead.

Hope this helps. You can google amazon ECR contact.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 28
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@Dustink

Banned? For some reason that's funny to me. 😏

Lol I read my post over and apparently I was "banded"...

Yes, they black listed me. They sent me some random stuff that I didn't order, along with some broken stuff. I was just trying to do some holiday shopping as well as some auto parts shopping. Guess they didn't like my business and decided to ban me.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 15 of 28
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Did you try to contact amazon EO?

From what i read on slickdeals and fatwallet, amazon issues out a few ban sprees a few years back. Nowadays they still do ban people, but it actually does take quite a bit of work to get yourself banned.

1. You were returning too much items that were not defective or due to amazon's fault. Big ticket items such as TV, expensive cameras, laptops etc will tip you over much easily, since returns seems to be calculated on dollar value of item vs your spending on amazon.
2. Caught abusing using their payments or seller or other systems.
3. People intentionally mis labelled item as defective when its not, just to avoid return shipping fees.
4. Too many mysteriously disappeared packages when tracking says its been delivered.

If you think your ban was not justified, contact amazon ER and they will get back to you within 24 hours usually. If your ban is justified, they will not reinstate anything regardless of how hard you plead.

Hope this helps. You can google amazon ECR contact.

It was returns, I probably had a 5% return rate because they had a 5% screw up rate.

They were always eager to correct the problem, and the wearhouse guys were always eager to send me something wrong again.

Message 16 of 28
enharu
Super Contributor

Try contacting ECR and explain.

Were those items u returned expensive? If so, a few of them could have resulted in a ban if you don't shop much on amazon
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 28
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Try contacting ECR and explain.

Were those items u returned expensive? If so, a few of them could have resulted in a ban if you don't shop much on amazon

5% cost wise

Message 18 of 28
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

My Amazon account got a CLD!!!  Three years of perfect payments, no overlimits; and they do this???  They won't even tell me why I had a CLD!!  The first rep I spoke to didn't make any sense, the second rep I spoke to told me that I had the wrong department (it was the backdoor #), and the third rep I spoke to (supposedly a supervisor) told me that every 6 - 12 months, accounts get reviewed and the banks make the decision to CLD....blah, blah, blah. I told the rep to cancel my account....

No more shopping at Amazon for me...

Sorry to hear....Smiley Sad

I think you may have cancelled the card too quickly. GE may have seen something they didn't like on your reports but that doesn't mean you'll never get increased.

I haven't apped for anything in nearly a year and a half; everything that was on my report when I got my Amazon card is either still on my CR or have dropped off. 

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 19 of 28
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

You do realize Amazon has pretty much nothing to do with the card right?  They don't make the decision on CL, CLI's, or CLD's.  I would have called the undewriters before closing the card.  Have you checked your reports for any derogs that may have popped up?

I know Amazon has nothing to do with the card...I've been on this site long enough to know that...but it still infuriates me....

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.