I am SO ticked off right now!!!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: I am SO ticked off right now!!!

@digitaldiva wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

My Amazon account got a CLD!!!  Three years of perfect payments, no overlimits; and they do this???  They won't even tell me why I had a CLD!!  The first rep I spoke to didn't make any sense, the second rep I spoke to told me that I had the wrong department (it was the backdoor #), and the third rep I spoke to (supposedly a supervisor) told me that every 6 - 12 months, accounts get reviewed and the banks make the decision to CLD....blah, blah, blah. I told the rep to cancel my account....

No more shopping at Amazon for me...

Sorry to hear....Smiley Sad

I think you may have cancelled the card too quickly. GE may have seen something they didn't like on your reports but that doesn't mean you'll never get increased.

I haven't apped for anything in nearly a year and a half; everything that was on my report when I got my Amazon card is either still on my CR or have dropped off. 

If your not worried about the INQ you may consider going for the Chase version of the Amazon card. Decent rewards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 28
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Like boomhower said.... Amazon.com has NOTHING to do with your card. The store card is managed and backed by GE. The visa version is by Chase. It's up to the banks on what they decide to do with your card, not amazon.

Have u went on an application spree recently, especially with other GE backed cards?
Are you owing high balances on other cards?
Are there any changes in your credit report, such as collections, late payments, etc?

I know Amazon has nothing to do with my card...but I called every number I knew for GE, and each call I made and each idiot I talked to made me even more furious.  And I haven't apped for anything in nearly a year and a half...

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 22 of 28
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

My Amazon account got a CLD!!!  Three years of perfect payments, no overlimits; and they do this???  They won't even tell me why I had a CLD!!  The first rep I spoke to didn't make any sense, the second rep I spoke to told me that I had the wrong department (it was the backdoor #), and the third rep I spoke to (supposedly a supervisor) told me that every 6 - 12 months, accounts get reviewed and the banks make the decision to CLD....blah, blah, blah. I told the rep to cancel my account....

I think you may have cancelled the card too quickly. GE may have seen something they didn't like on your reports but that doesn't mean you'll never get increased.

I haven't apped for anything in nearly a year and a half; everything that was on my report when I got my Amazon card is either still on my CR or have dropped off. 

If your not worried about the INQ you may consider going for the Chase version of the Amazon card. Decent rewards.

Not too concerned about an INQ; but I'm so upset with the situation right now, that I'm ready to scream...

Message 23 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

Not too concerned about an INQ; but I'm so upset with the situation right now, that I'm ready to scream...

I can understand i'd be just as infuriated but sometimes credit is a wacky beast. Odd things happen. Only thing you can do is pick up and move on.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 28
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I can understand i'd be just as infuriated but sometimes credit is a wacky beast. Odd things happen. Only thing you can do is pick up and move on.

You are so right, but it's confusing; my credit report is actually cleaner now than it was when I got my Amazon card...

Message 25 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It is possible that Amazon notified GE that you were banned and wouldn't be needing the credit...
Obviously, they are seperate entities...but have you read the privacy policy? They can share info with "affiliates"
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 26 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I'd call the Credit Solutions folks and ask for a cli. Don't even mention your CLd
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I'd call the Credit Solutions folks and ask for a cli. Don't even mention your CLd

OP has already closed the acct and tried Credit Solutions, no success.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.