Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am dying to apply for the chase freedom

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: I am dying to apply for the chase freedom

Congrats. What type of questions did they ask, did u have any baddies, and what was ur score?

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truthfully they only asked me some questions to confirm my idenity, they asked about a car loan i had with chase. I mentioned how i just paid off that loan this month and how i plan on making some big purchases and making it the card i regularly use for all of my purchases. They told me that once i recieve the card i should request for a CLI. i have 3 old baddies on an old capital one acct about 2 years old. The credit analyst was extreamly nice. I didnt ask for my score but myfico is 664 right now.

Message 12 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called  the recon number and GOT APPROVED. Im pretty happy about this, this is the only card that i have wanted until i have an amazing credit file and get stand a chance against the US BANK + card. They approved me for 2k CL. I am now wondering how long till i could get a CLI.

That's awesome!!  I'm glad I encouraged you to app Smiley Happy

I felt like your chances were strong, given your prior relationshiop with them.

I would just garden the card for 12 months before applying for a CLI.   

Nice job!  Congrats!!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

webhopper and everyone else i do want to thank you for the extra "push" to recon. im deff going to garden for awhile, this was the one card that i planned on using.

Message 14 of 17
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Thanks for answering my questions and congrats once again

Message 15 of 17
kobe2012
Established Contributor

I applied for Amazon visa with one collection 6+ yrs old and 2 baddies (paid and unpaid) 5+ yrs old and wouldn't budge.... I wonder if freedom is easier to get.... or maybe chase just doesn't like me Smiley Sad ....

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 16 of 17
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

I just recently applied for Freedom and got denied to due one six year old baddie unpaid for $435.00.  :\

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.