Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am dying to apply for the chase freedom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am dying to apply for the chase freedom

I recently have beeng trying to build my credit profile again, and after days of searching boards and seeing other peoples scenarios has made me feel like i stand a chance, but im not 100 percent sure. I have 0percent UTIL AAOA 2.5 years, 3 old baddies 2 yours old, 3 new inquires, two new credit card acounts (cap one cash back), (amazon store), paid off my chase auto loan this month and started a new lease with kia. The lease and two new credit card accounts havent hit my report yet. I dont know if i should wait for these new items to report, wait 6 more months for my credit to age, or apply now.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I am dying to apply for the chase freedom

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently have beeng trying to build my credit profile again, and after days of searching boards and seeing other peoples scenarios has made me feel like i stand a chance, but im not 100 percent sure. I have 0percent UTIL AAOA 2.5 years, 3 old baddies 2 yours old, 3 new inquires, two new credit card acounts (cap one cash back), (amazon store), paid off my chase auto loan this month and started a new lease with kia. The lease and two new credit card accounts havent hit my report yet. I dont know if i should wait for these new items to report, wait 6 more months for my credit to age, or apply now.

I say, yes you stand a chance...  simply because youve had history with chase due to your auto loan....   Apply for the Chase. If denied, recon them and bring up the fact that you paid your auto loan on time every time (hopefully this is the case)

If you had lates on your auto, don't apply...  Wait 12 months for a better chance.

Do you have your checking with them?  If you have your checking with them, go to the branch and ask the manager to see if you have any "offers" or "pre-approvals" in their system.  If you do, the app away. Chase solicits new business by cross selling products to existing customers. I had paid in full an auto loan with Chase in Feb, and got approved for a 5k limit with Chase in Feb as well.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, i applied online, and got the 7-10 day further review messege. Sh ould i wait and see what they say or go ahead and call the recon number?

Message 3 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

you could try but remember having checking with them increases your odds of getting approved + you get extra 10 points for purchase with a freedom card. Then transfer to CSP when you can to get 20% more to your points =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 17
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Call the backdoor number for a recon. Keep us updated

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called  the recon number and GOT APPROVED. Im pretty happy about this, this is the only card that i have wanted until i have an amazing credit file and get stand a chance against the US BANK + card. They approved me for 2k CL. I am now wondering how long till i could get a CLI.

Message 6 of 17
diabla
Regular Contributor

Wow, congrats!  What type of questions did they ask you for the recon?

I plan to try for them in a couple of weeks, this is mighty encouraging.

Message 7 of 17
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Congrats

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 8 of 17
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

Were your baddies paid off?

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 9 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

Congrats! 2k is not bad for a Freedom! Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.