cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am going to drop my Marriott card - best move forward?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to drop my Marriott card - best move forward?

I am going to drop my Marriott card (reasons not important here).  At this point I have (2) cards with Chase, this one and my CSP.  My CSP is at 16.7 and my Marriott is at 18.3.  Would it be a bad move to simply ask Chase to close and move the entire CL to my my CSP?  If I was to do that then my CSP would become my primary spend card.  I have examined other Chase offerings and simply don't see another card that I would use. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: I am going to drop my Marriott card - best move forward?

I did the same thing a few months ago. Marriott opened last December, minimal usage...decided to merge limits and closed it...easy peasy. When a card doesn't work for you any longer why pay a $85 fee just for a slick looking card? I love my high limit CSP. Good luck with your decision. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: I am going to drop my Marriott card - best move forward?

Consider the info in the Closing Credit Cards thread linked in the Helpful Threads sticky.  Reallocating before closing is a way to mitigate potential impact to revolving utilization.

@Anonymous wrote:

Would it be a bad move to simply ask Chase to close and move the entire CL to my my CSP?

Probably not if you don't see another Chase card that suits you.  It could potentially be an issue if you were close to your internal limit and wanted to open another card.  However, if that was the case you could reallocate to open the new card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.