Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in USA FCU

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I am in USA FCU

They sent me an email stating my membership is approved for USA FCU. Now we have to wait and see if we will become full members of NFCU or will they treat us like USAA treats as tiered membership levels.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: I am in USA FCU

USAA is bank, CU do not have tiered levels of membership--their basic premise is typically to provide competitive and equivalent banking opportunities for all members regardless of individual differences or personal circumstances.  

another thread indicates Navy receptive to USA Fed accts:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Navy-Federal-Confirmed/td-p/741690

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 28
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

They sent me an email stating my membership is approved for USA FCU. Now we have to wait and see if we will become full members of NFCU or will they treat us like USAA treats as tiered membership levels.

congrats on getting in..  yes, let us know..  i wasn't able to get in because i couldn't pass the verification, but oh well, I am not going to worry about it too much..  i just wanted to be able to let you all know if NFCU rejects me after getting in, but I'm sure there will be other mergers that I can try to do this with.  Smiley Happy

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 3 of 28
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Tazman81 wrote:

congrats on getting in..  yes, let us know..  i wasn't able to get in because i couldn't pass the verification, but oh well, I am not going to worry about it too much..  i just wanted to be able to let you all know if NFCU rejects me after getting in, but I'm sure there will be other mergers that I can try to do this with.  Smiley Happy

You might want to try again. I took me 3 attempts to get it right and pass the verification.

Message 4 of 28
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Congrats on the acceptance.

I would think this is going to get us into NFCU. I can't see how it wouldn't?

I'm still waiting to hear from them. I applied on Sunday.

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 5 of 28
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Tazman81 wrote:

You might want to try again. I took me 3 attempts to get it right and pass the verification.

oh I've already tried 4 times..  and I am putting in the right information.  I even had a current copy of my experian report in front of me, but I may give it 1 more try.  So, did you have to create 3 new userid and passwords?  There was someone else that said since they tried more than twice, they were rejected once it went for the manual review because they had already tried the verification more than 2 times.  So do you already have your account and everything setup and received your welcome information even though you had to try 3 times?

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 6 of 28
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Uncle_Money wrote:

Congrats on the acceptance.

I would think this is going to get us into NFCU. I can't see how it wouldn't?

I'm still waiting to hear from them. I applied on Sunday.

UM

Yes, I agree, it should get you into NFCU.  What I meant was in my case, NFCU will not open an account for me because I had a bankruptcy that I included them in.  Well, I was trying to see if I got back into NFCU via this "backdoor" way, would they end up closing my accounts once they acquire USA Fed, or would they just leave them open since I had an account with USA Fed.  It was this whole thing that I was going to try to do in order to get back in with NFCU and then I was going to report on it for everyone to let them know about my experience.  Then of course I would kind of be holding my breath each month to see if I got a statement or that dreaded adverse action notice.  Smiley Sad  I know, not the best way to live life, but I'm infatuated with NFCU.  Kinda like AMEX.  Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This has probably been asked already, so please forgive me for a duplicate question....Does USA FCU pull your credit report to open a checking/savings account?  My last inquiry just dropped off EQ and TU the end of August (Cap 1 cc 2 years ago), and it feels so nice not to have any inquires. My last inquiry was from opening a Wells Fargo checking account in Jan, and I have a hard on EX from that. 

I want to get into Navy so much.  My uncle spent 30 years as a civilian contractor at the NAS in Pensacola, but I cannot qualify through him.  This looks like my only chance to get into Navy.

Thanks so much everyone for all your help the last year.

Message 8 of 28
laz98
Senior Contributor

yes, almost everyone pulls credit for everything nowadays, it's annoying!  but they only hurt for a year, so i guess i can live with that.

Message 9 of 28
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats concorduser. I got my notice last Thurs. or Fri. sometime and the money was zapped out of my checking on Saturday. I only did the minimum of $10. I guess it was $5 for the share and $5 for the checking. I wasn't offered the CC, but didn't want it either. I already set up online access, but that was a pain to navigate and figure out.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.