Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am joining the GE LUV Wagon

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

I am joining the GE LUV Wagon

Well,

I have had my Sam's Discover since 3-13-13, as result in my first ever real app spree.

Initial CL was 3k, they auto gave me 1k, after 2 months to 4k.

Today is one day after my 4th statement and I called 866-519-6441 Credit Solutions, spoke with a nice gentleman and asked for a CLI to 10k.

He asked the normal security questions, and gross income question, and said it would take a few minutes.

He came back on the line, thanked my for my patience, and said congratulations, you limit has been increased to 10k.

I specifically asked if my review was based on a Soft Pull Inquiry of my Credit File or a Soft Pull Inquiry on my Credit File, his reply was a Soft Pull.

So, I am glad to get a bit more credit, not that I really need it.

But, my stats are AAoA 4.1 years, scores in my sig, and only had one card reporting a bal, and overall UTL is at 2%.

Maybe I could have asked for more, but I am happy with an additional 6k of lines.

I am slowly starting to push for SP CLI where I can.

Thank you MyFico`ites....

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I am joining the GE LUV Wagon

Message 2 of 8
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

Congrats...I like GE too
Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

GE party wagon

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ cha cha ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ lo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
lithium78
Established Contributor

Congrats!  I can't seem to get GE to raise mine above $6,000.  They said I still owe too much on my student loans, even though I have no other debt.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

I understand the frustration.

I was thinking I might be pushing it asking for 10k, evidently not.

It just takes time and more time, and more time to get things done.

Most of us, including me, want things now.  We all know credit is not NOW. 

Keep trying and you will get there.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 6 of 8
Mellon
Established Contributor

Congrats on the 10k....Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Express
Frequent Contributor

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

Well,

I have had my Sam's Discover since 3-13-13, as result in my first ever real app spree.

Initial CL was 3k, they auto gave me 1k, after 2 months to 4k.

Today is one day after my 4th statement and I called 866-519-6441 Credit Solutions, spoke with a nice gentleman and asked for a CLI to 10k.

He asked the normal security questions, and gross income question, and said it would take a few minutes.

He came back on the line, thanked my for my patience, and said congratulations, you limit has been increased to 10k.

I specifically asked if my review was based on a Soft Pull Inquiry of my Credit File or a Soft Pull Inquiry on my Credit File, his reply was a Soft Pull.

So, I am glad to get a bit more credit, not that I really need it.

But, my stats are AAoA 4.1 years, scores in my sig, and only had one card reporting a bal, and overall UTL is at 2%.

Maybe I could have asked for more, but I am happy with an additional 6k of lines.

I am slowly starting to push for SP CLI where I can.

Thank you MyFico`ites....

You just gotta Luv GE! Smiley Very Happy

CL $408,200
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.