Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'am loving WAMU right now!!!!

tag
marie39
Valued Member

I'am loving WAMU right now!!!!

I received a preapproval letter for the WAMU Platinum Visa in the mail today and I was scared to apply for fear of a decline and dip in credit scores, but I am so happy I took the plunge. I was approved instantly for 1,500 credit limit, my highest credit limit ever. I am so grateful for these forums and I am loving WAMU today.

Current credit scores= TU-644, EQ-624, EX-598
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'am loving WAMU right now!!!!

Congrats on the approval, marie!  The free PFICO that Wamu gives is icing on the cake. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey congrats! WaMu is pretty amazing! Their site is really easy to use and they give you a free PFICO scoring, which is always great.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU has been great to me.  They gave me 2 clis the first year for total of 2500 and just gave me another for 1000.  I also have an old Providian which never increases. 
Message 4 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the approval, marie!  The free PFICO that Wamu gives is icing on the cake. Smiley Happy

I can't remember if I asked this before, but what exactly is a PFICO? Is it like the Experian Advantage score or whatever? Does anyone use the PFICO score?
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 11
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

Do they CLI upon activation?  I was approved for $2800 (which I am VERY happy about) but wondered if I should sit on it a while before asking.
Message 6 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@coachhenson wrote:
Do they CLI upon activation?  I was approved for $2800 (which I am VERY happy about) but wondered if I should sit on it a while before asking.

Normally WAMU is pretty stingy with CLI. Most people have to wait till the 1 year mark.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't remember if I asked this before, but what exactly is a PFICO? Is it like the Experian Advantage score or whatever? Does anyone use the PFICO score?

As I'm sure you're aware Fretless, there are ficos and then there are the different "flavors" of ficos, e.g. an auto-enhanced fico.  The PFICO that Wamu gives is a credit card-enhanced fico and therefore weighs credit card "performance" (i.e. the way consumers handle credit cards) more heavily.  It's a nice predictor where one stands as far as CCCs go.  HTH.

The free PFICO (not a fako score) is the only reason I even bother with Wamu.

Message Edited by lurknomore on 07-15-2008 07:37 AM
Message 8 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As I'm sure you're aware Fretless, there are ficos and then there are the different "flavors" of ficos, e.g. an auto-enhanced fico.  The PFICO that Wamu gives is a credit card-enhanced fico and therefore weighs credit card "performance" (i.e. the way consumers handle credit cards) more heavily.  It's a nice predictor where one stands as far as CCCs go.  HTH.

Thanks! I'd like to see mine, but I don't want to get a WAMU card. Any other way to find out for free that you know of?
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@coachhenson wrote:

Normally WAMU is pretty stingy with CLI. Most people have to wait till the 1 year mark.

I open the account in 09/07 got a $1K cli +cash upgrade 05/08, funny by that time " put less than $400 on the orignal 3Kcland 3 months had $0 balances
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.