cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am so flipping mad that I missed out on the Discover double cash back promo!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am so flipping mad that I missed out on the Discover double cash back promo!!!!

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Still kinda bad business they gave it to some existing holders then once they realized they made a huge mistake they closed the loophole...  It is what it is and can't blame Discover between that and closing the CLI every 17 days, they have kinda tarnished their image a bit again with me.  

With that said it was meant for new card members, but alot of existing ones got it inculding you KDM and I am sure you aren't going to call them up and say please take it off my account Smiley Happy..  Feel bad for the people that missed the boat, my mom being one of them as she was busy the week I told her to add it to her card, she waited and they no longer honored it.  It is what it is.. Glad people got in when they did, but don't say it was only meant for new card members and then have it yourself as that is kinda wrong, isn't it?  

I don't really see it as bad business IMO.  It was a promotion that was only intended for targeted cardholders, new ones.  It just happened that they started honoring existing cardmembers (not sure how that came to be the case) until I'm sure someone in their marketing or rewards fulfillment group learned of the "snafu".  Bad business would be for those honored/exisiting cardmembers to have had their enrollment totally annulled - now THAT's bad business.  Good business (which is why plenty folks are happy with the outcome) is the fact that Discover willingly honored the promotion for existing cardholders.  All things have come to an end CC, sometimes it is as someone pointed out earlier - you snooze, you lose.  Same thing with sign-up bonuses.  All things move at the speed of business which is not going to capture every single customer.  You've seen gravy trains, so you know how things operate Smiley Wink

It would be no different for ...say for instance, a frequent flyer discovering a loophole (or system glitch) that allows them to book an international flight for an insanely low price AND the airline honoring it.  Then said individual spreading the word (i.e. until they fix the glitch).  Nowadays, airlines have protections from these glitches.  Just ,my .02c

In so many words, this is an accurate statement. Apparently new accounts are coming pre-enrolled with this promotion, which is similar to the Miles card being 1.5 x (2)

Message 31 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I am so flipping mad that I missed out on the Discover double cash back promo!!!!

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Still kinda bad business they gave it to some existing holders then once they realized they made a huge mistake they closed the loophole...  It is what it is and can't blame Discover between that and closing the CLI every 17 days, they have kinda tarnished their image a bit again with me.  

With that said it was meant for new card members, but alot of existing ones got it inculding you KDM and I am sure you aren't going to call them up and say please take it off my account Smiley Happy..  Feel bad for the people that missed the boat, my mom being one of them as she was busy the week I told her to add it to her card, she waited and they no longer honored it.  It is what it is.. Glad people got in when they did, but don't say it was only meant for new card members and then have it yourself as that is kinda wrong, isn't it?  

I don't really see it as bad business IMO.  It was a promotion that was only intended for targeted cardholders, new ones.  It just happened that they started honoring existing cardmembers (not sure how that came to be the case) until I'm sure someone in their marketing or rewards fulfillment group learned of the "snafu".  Bad business would be for those honored/exisiting cardmembers to have had their enrollment totally annulled - now THAT's bad business.  Good business (which is why plenty folks are happy with the outcome) is the fact that Discover willingly honored the promotion for existing cardholders.  All things have come to an end CC, sometimes it is as someone pointed out earlier - you snooze, you lose.  Same thing with sign-up bonuses.  All things move at the speed of business which is not going to capture every single customer.  You've seen gravy trains, so you know how things operate Smiley Wink

It would be no different for ...say for instance, a frequent flyer discovering a loophole (or system glitch) that allows them to book an international flight for an insanely low price AND the airline honoring it.  Then said individual spreading the word (i.e. until they fix the glitch).  Nowadays, airlines have protections from these glitches.  Just ,my .02c

I agree and in my post I said I understand Discovers stand point as they would of lost money most likely giving to existing card members..  They closed it pretty quickly once whomever got wind.   Granted my post mentioned another points as well people saying it was meant for only new card members, but they grabbed it for themselves and most likely knew it was a "glitch" in the program.  Hey I would of done it as well if I had a discover card and tried to get my mother to do it, but as stated she was busy with work and didnt get to it in timeSmiley Happy..  

Message 32 of 46
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Thanks Discover Deals... I can't wait until this is doubled next year Smiley Happy

Discover.png

Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Thanks Discover Deals... I can't wait until this is doubled next year Smiley Happy

Discover.png

Sweet!!!  Very nice..

Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you finding that? I can never see my cashback earned like that, only the amount i get after my statement posts. Thanks!
Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Where are you finding that? I can never see my cashback earned like that, only the amount i get after my statement posts. Thanks!

Same here. I would like to be able to see it before the statement. Especially a breakdown of what I earned for what purchase. The Cap One cash back tracking feature seems far above the other lenders I have.

Message 36 of 46
BlueRenew
Contributor

I applied for their card last week and I was approved. Yesterday I checked the mail and received an offer for the double cashback! Woman Sad

My 7 Cards

NFCU CashRewards: $7,500 I Discover It: $4,000 I Sallie Mae: $2800 I Amazon Chase Visa: $1000 I Amazon Store Card: $900 I Cap1 Quicksilver1: $750 I Macys Store Card: $600
Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here. I would like to be able to see it before the statement. Especially a breakdown of what I earned for what purchase. The Cap One cash back tracking feature seems far above the other lenders I have.

i think that's the email you get when you use their discover deals for bonus cashback.

Message 38 of 46
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, my C1 Quicksilver shows the points awarded for every transaction on their website. Barclays also does that just as well.

As for the double cash back promo ending, just yesterday I received my 3rd app invite w/code in as many weeks from Discover promoting the double cashback. The lack of detail on rewards adds to my list of reasons I'm not going to app for the card.

Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueRenew wrote:

I applied for their card last week and I was approved. Yesterday I checked the mail and received an offer for the double cashback! Woman Sad

Not to worry! You are automatically enrolled.

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.