cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am so flipping mad that I missed out on the Discover double cash back promo!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so flipping mad that I missed out on the Discover double cash back promo!!!!

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
onstar
Established Contributor

Re: I am so flipping mad that I missed out on the Discover double cash back promo!!!!

Is it over now?

Can no longer sign up for it??

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 2 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am so flipping mad that I missed out on the Discover double cash back promo!!!!

Apparently so. I just called and was told that it ended on the 25th of this month. Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 46
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I thought i read somewhere thats only eligible for new customers now is that true ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

The splash page for new cards says it's available for new card accounts. Were you an already established customer?

Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just heard an advertisement for it on the radio like 30 minutes ago. Weird.
Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I chatted with them today to see if I was elgible since I got my card in May. Nope, just June people, she said. And I think she said July new people, too.

In my wallet: Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000; Barclay Ring Platinum MasterCard. 12,500. Total Credit: 61,800.
6/27-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 781; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 4; TU: 6; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 7 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Some existing customers got in initially then they closed that loop hole once they figured out they were going to take a beating is my guess.  So only new applicants now.

Message 8 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Some existing customers got in initially then they closed that loop hole once they figured out they were going to take a beating is my guess.  So only new applicants now.

@Anonymous,

Agreed... That is not good...

Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am reading conflicting reports on this. some older boards are saying that it was supposed to go through July but now June seems to be the cutoff Then I read a more current article that states that this promo is for new cardholders only. I am a little confused. I am assuming that this took off faster than they expected, therefore they need to gain some sort of control and close the flood gates.

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.