Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am so sad...

tag
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: I am so sad...

@Anonymous wrote:

got to read the terms and condititions but by october its going to be sold out in stores. i wanted place my order online friday for pickup. ''at the store.''  i really dont see how they would know if i brought an iphone or not anyway. i think its just for the ''scare''. Originally i was going to apply for barclay apple financing but i wont get any cash back and since i already have the barclay's reward card i was going to use discover to get 5% cash back and use those barclay's balance transfer checks to payoff the iphone on my discover and get 18 months 0% APR on the iphone that way Smiley Happy I have bill me later / paypal credit but iits ''Bill Me Later©, business lease, wire transfers, cashier's checks, and money orders are ineligible payment methods for pickup items.''

Depending on who your carrier is and what phone upgrade plan you are on, you can get 0% financing though your carrier for 24 months. Cashback is another beast, but while the iPhone may be sold out by October, it will be back in stock at least sometime between October and December. Patience may pay off in this case.

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

got to read the terms and condititions but by october its going to be sold out in stores. i wanted place my order online friday for pickup. ''at the store.''  i really dont see how they would know if i brought an iphone or not anyway. i think its just for the ''scare''. Originally i was going to apply for barclay apple financing but i wont get any cash back and since i already have the barclay's reward card i was going to use discover to get 5% cash back and use those barclay's balance transfer checks to payoff the iphone on my discover and get 18 months 0% APR on the iphone that way Smiley Happy I have bill me later / paypal credit but iits ''Bill Me Later©, business lease, wire transfers, cashier's checks, and money orders are ineligible payment methods for pickup items.''

Depending on who your carrier is and what phone upgrade plan you are on, you can get 0% financing though your carrier for 24 months. Cashback is another beast, but while the iPhone may be sold out by October, it will be back in stock at least sometime between October and December. Patience may pay off in this case.

yeah thats what im thinking but i leave for Europe in October. Not sure buying it in there would work in US too but its more expensive there. I feel bad for the Brazilians. 

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibmrad7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

It works with Retina Macbook Pro as well. I can confirm this.

I actually double dipped this deal, ordered using Discover link and paid with my AMEX for extra warranty.

WHAT!? Smiley Surprised  are you saying as long we use the discover link we can use any credit card and still get 5% ? or you mean you brought the apple care with the AMEX to extend the warranty ?

Smiley Wink I used Discover's link to order a Macbook Pro Retina, paid with AMEX Plat on Apple's website (AMEX and few other cards give you 1 year of extra warranty). So in the end I got cashback from Discover, around 2K Amex MR points and an extra year of warranty. Win Win Smiley Happy

you are a PRO

Message 23 of 28
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I am so  old fashioned I don't even carry a cellphone.   And what is this texting thing people talk about???    Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 24 of 28
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

I have a question on Discover online category. Is EBay/ PayPal considered online shopping? I need to buy something on EBay and I am wondering if I should wait until October 1st so I get 5% back.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 25 of 28
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

It works with Retina Macbook Pro as well. I can confirm this.

I actually double dipped this deal, ordered using Discover link and paid with my AMEX for extra warranty.

WHAT!? Smiley Surprised  are you saying as long we use the discover link we can use any credit card and still get 5% ? or you mean you brought the apple care with the AMEX to extend the warranty ?

Smiley Wink I used Discover's link to order a Macbook Pro Retina, paid with AMEX Plat on Apple's website (AMEX and few other cards give you 1 year of extra warranty). So in the end I got cashback from Discover, around 2K Amex MR points and an extra year of warranty. Win Win Smiley Happy

you are a PRO

Robot Happy

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@14Fiesta wrote:
I have a question on Discover online category. Is EBay/ PayPal considered online shopping? I need to buy something on EBay and I am wondering if I should wait until October 1st so I get 5% back.

looks like it. Wait until October. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-Q4-5-includes-eBay-PayPal/td-p/2539457

Message 27 of 28
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

upromise is giving 10% on iphone 6

oh man.. time to leave the garden! Smiley Very Happy

NNNNNOOOOOO!!!  Smiley Surprised

Signature needs updating
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.