Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I apped for Citi Simplicity & CapOne Cash Rewards

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I apped for Citi Simplicity & CapOne Cash Rewards

I was supposed to be in the garden but I decided to do 2 more apps on 9/1 because that's my official 1 year of on time payments. I didn't get denied but I got the 7-10 days and app under review screens. Is this normal? Should I call them via back door tomorrow and see what's up on the apps? What's the strategy?
My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DVH1980
Contributor

Re: I apped for Citi Simplicity & CapOne Cash Rewards

I hate 7-10 day messages. Id call and see if you can persuade them a bit.
*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 2 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

For Citi it is best to call back using backdoor number. For Capital One a 7-10 day message often indicates denial.

Message 3 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck but I think you are pressing your luck. Didn't you just have a successful app spree? Cap 1 will pull all three bureaus. And they are very crappy. Total waste of 3 inquiries in my opinion.

I think you've got a good chance with citi recon. Count yourself lucky if cap 1 denies you.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Razeus wrote:
I was supposed to be in the garden but I decided to do 2 more apps on 9/1 because that's my official 1 year of on time payments. I didn't get denied but I got the 7-10 days and app under review screens. Is this normal? Should I call them via back door tomorrow and see what's up on the apps? What's the strategy?

I apped the other day  for citi plat and  got the same message. It was around midnight, so I couldn't do anything. Later in the morning, I checked the link in the email they had sent, and i had been approved. I'm not sure of what your credit picture looks like, but I'd wait until tomorrow, if you dont get an approval answer, then I'd call one of the back door numbers. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 6
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

The Citi is a denial due to too many inquries.  I tried to explain that the 90% of those inquiries was from me shopping for a mortgage and it's not like I'm trying to get credit all over the place.  I explained I closed my mortgage earlier in August, but she sounded like she was reading from a script the whole time, saying "we go by the Equifax report).  Citi clearly outsources to India.  Now I know not to do business with them.

Capital One says they are still pending.  He says it looks likes it's being done by manual underwriting and looking to increase my credit line.  I asked him if that means if I'm approved or not, but he says I'll be getting a letter and that can take up to 15 days, but I can call back tomorrow and check the status.  I'm not even sure what sense that makes.  I'll update if Capital One comes through with a respectable CL.

Never the less, I'm officially in the garden until September 1, 2013.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.