Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I applied for the Geico card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Geico card

I applied for the Geico card and got the dreaded 7-10 day message. Maybe you cannot have both the Hooters and the Geico card Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I applied for the Geico card

i'm pretty sure you can have both, but i think geico is a little harder to get. let's hope the 7-10 is likely an approval, like hooter's usually is. good luck!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks ducky keep your wings crossed for me Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
thanks ducky keep your wings crossed for me Smiley Tongue

Smiley Very Happy !

BCG, what cards do you have now? I've sort of lost track. What are your CL's?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier 250.00
Cap1 1000
Cap1 600
HSBC 300
Hooters 1000
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Badcreditguy wrote:
First Premier 250.00
Cap1 1000
Cap1 600
HSBC 300
Hooters 1000

the only one i see that i would try to dump is fp, then maybe hsbc. the rest have some potential to grow, good starting lineup!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree ducky, at least good payment history on the HSBC card will open you up for offers of some of their more prime cards.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

not o go ot, but afetr having 3 hsbc backed cards, 2nd mortgage, furniture loan, and now a loc i want to see what their card selector comes back with. i've heard it's a soft pull is that 100% accurtate? i just want to see if thier prime wing (cheap duck punn) is interested. i won't accept promise.
Message 8 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I hope you get the card.I receved a pre-approval in July and applied...and was denied. I tried again two weeks ago...received the 7-10 msg...and struck out again.Smiley Sad

It's okay; there's bigger fish in the sea. Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

BCG, I hope it works out for you, but if not, it might be time to kick back and let everything percolate a bit. Play the scoring game on the cards you have and get another 20-30 points or so on your scores, and then go hunting again. Don't forget, only let balances report on half or fewer of your cards --in your case, 2 cards.

Again, hope you get some short-term good news, but if not, I know you'll have some in the long run! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.