Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I asked for an increase on CSP

tag
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

I asked for an increase on CSP

I asked for an increase from 11k to 20k on my CSP by calling the number on the back of the card. I push about 3k a month through on this card and PIF. I got the dreaded 7-10 business days response. For those of you with experience in this situation I was wondering if I should expect flat out denial or a counter offfer. I'm also wondering if I should wait for the letter of call a back door number straight away? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I asked for an increase on CSP

I'm sure you can contact a credit analyst to learn the reasons if you were not approved, which may appear to be the case here.  You don't have to wait for the letter in case that you're curious why it was not approved as requested.  Check the backdoor sticky thread for the number.

Message 2 of 12
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

R u sure it is not too soon to call. I know Chase is good with re-con for cc approvals but I haven't heard much about CLI re-con. Anyone have luck with this? Am I looking at another HP if i re-con?

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 3 of 12
Luscher
Valued Contributor

They are probably the toughest with CLI's but you can call now. As soon as they pulled your credit, you can call
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 4 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Luscher wrote:
They are probably the toughest with CLI's but you can call now. As soon as they pulled your credit, you can call

+1  They would be using the same HP to reconsider your CLI request.  In rare instances would they HP again (alternate CRA) - it just depends on the CLI request though.

Message 5 of 12
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

So I got impatient waiting for my letter from Chase so I was about to call the backdoor number just now but I happened to log ontovmy account and realized it had indeed increased from 11k to 15k. So i guess the 7-10 day message isnt a death sentence after all. Still kinda wondering if I can get a bit more with the same pull? Should I try?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice increase
Message 7 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@MissCredit9 wrote:

So I got impatient waiting for my letter from Chase so I was about to call the backdoor number just now but I happened to log ontovmy account and realized it had indeed increased from 11k to 15k. So i guess the 7-10 day message isnt a death sentence after all. Still kinda wondering if I can get a bit more with the same pull? Should I try?

Honestly, it's admirable that you want to grow your limits, but the reality with Chase is your sometime better just using the hard pull for another new card and later on, reallocating that limit.  You can try asking them again, but they may actually do an additional hard pull if you want more.

Message 8 of 12
Luscher
Valued Contributor

+1^
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I learned my lesson with CLIs and Chase.

I tried to recon my Initial CL ob my SWA Premier and was basically told that hell would freeze over before they could make that happen (Not really but you get the idea)
I then proceeded to cold app for the CSP and got approved. The second pull wasnt a waste after all!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.