Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I burned Amex,Chase and Citi

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

Re: I burned Amex,Chase and Citi

@obageegee wrote:

I burned the same back in 2006. I just got back with Citi, Chase and Amex a few weeks ago. I tried backdating my Amex today and they said that since I burned them I can't back date.

God-Lee, that's what is that.....8,9 yearsSmiley Mad

8,9 years seems like an eternity for me.lol

Thanks

Btw, Congrats on getting back with them.

I envy you,Smiley Happy

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 11 of 40
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Get a citi secured card...I burned them in my 2009 bk and one month after my bk, back in 2009, I got a secured card with 200 limit..used the hell of it and 4 years later that limit is 5k

I got a 2nd secured card with them and put down 2k and used the hell out of it and they increased it to 7k

I think secured with citi is the way to go...get the application at the bank

I have a pre selected fully secured cash reward card offer from  BofA after they denied me for their cash reward card.

I have until 6/26 to accept it. ( Which I probably will ).

My plan is to get the bofa fully secured cash reward for 300 as it is a prime card and go back into my cageSmiley Happy

Thanks

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 12 of 40
bk510
Valued Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:

From what I have learned,I've burned Chase, BOA Citi and wells fargo,I was able to get back in with Chase,BOA and Citi,Wells fargo is not burn friendly at all

How long did it take you to get back in with each of them?

Congrats

Message 13 of 40
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

I had COs from Chase, Discover, Citi, GECRB, Commenity and who else knows.  But my difference was I paid them all back, every dime.  Everyone I had CO'd, with the exception of HSBC, whom I'll never have any dealings with ever again, I'm back in with.

Must be proud......

I wish I could do that.

Thanks

Message 14 of 40
bk510
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Discover denied me for BK recently (they were IIB), but I may try them when my BK falls off.  Macy's denied me since they were IIB, but I was able to recon with them since I'm +4 years out of BK.  I haven't tried Citi or BoA (they were IIB).  GECRB let me back in with a JCP preapproval almost two years ago.  Cap One let me get the Sony Card on recon, after I had two post BK COs with them.  

Message 15 of 40
bk510
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Discover denied me for BK recently (they were IIB), but I may try them when my BK falls off.  Macy's denied me since they were IIB, but I was able to recon with them since I'm +4 years out of BK.  I haven't tried Citi or BoA (they were IIB).  GECRB let me back in with a JCP preapproval almost two years ago.  Cap One let me get the Sony Card on recon, after I had two post BK COs with them.  

What about a recon with Discover? 

I never had a bofa, but have a fully secured version waiting for me. Looking forward to itSmiley Happy

Do you recall any drops on your score after this happened?

Thanks

Message 16 of 40
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I went chap 13 in '89 with citi for about $1500.  I tried last feb. and was denied because of BK.  They have a mind of an elephant. I still get pre-approvals from them.  

Message 17 of 40
bk510
Valued Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

I went chap 13 in '89 with citi for about $1500.  I tried last feb. and was denied because of BK.  They have a mind of an elephant. I still get pre-approvals from them.  

Walt the hell minute......lol

Wow, thats crazy. Isnt chap13 only stays on your report for 7 yrs? my goodness.

Sorry about your denial.

Thats an understatement.

Message 18 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@bk510 wrote:

@ways2go wrote:

Walt the hell minute......lol

Wow, thats crazy. Isnt chap13 only stays on your report for 7 yrs? my goodness.

Sorry about your denial.

Thats an understatement.

Yes, a discharged Ch 13 stays on your CR's for 7 years but lenders keep their own internal records.  there's no way of knowing if you are on their blacklist until you app. 

Message 19 of 40
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Yeah,  its off your record, but not in their computer banks. They can hold that perpetually internally.  Glad I didn't get it.  I really didn't need their card,  just wondered if I was still blacklisted.  Last month,  I got the card that I wanted. Amex true earnings,  then also got a Everyday card.  For me personally getting an Amex was the golden ring.  I plan on gardening for at least a year.  The amex reported with a balance and I took a 20 point drop on my fico.  

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.