Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't believe this!!!!

tag
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

I can't believe this!!!!

Last weekend DH and I went on a lil getaway with my sis and her DH.  When checking-in to the hotel (Hyatt Regency)  they took my cc and of course processed it....and voila...a mgr. comes out and offers DH and I an upgrade to a suite?!  (no add'l cost to us)  So, we say sure! 

When it was my sis' turn....nothin'! Basic old, run-of-the-mill-room!  Same price as ours!!

When we inquired about this, we were told it was because of the cc's that we used!!!  DH and I used my AMEX biz card,  my sis used a sub-prime Orchard.  Some cards are "preferred over others"  I think payment is payment!!  They got their $, why does it matter how?!

They judged us by our credit cards!!Smiley Mad  We were furious!!  So, of course I asked to speak with the mgr. that upgraded us.  He was happy to upgrade them, if the room was secured by my card.  Fine, we did it....But, I can't believe this crap!!!Smiley Mad  

takin' it one day at a time
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can't believe this!!!!

not really crap imho. some company's have agreements w/cc company's and that means they get more perks and upgrades for thier card holders. i think sis's problem is with fp, not the hotel. ask her to call them and inquire why their card holders aren't held in high esteem by that establishment.

for example delta and amex are in bed together and amex has established ways for thier cardholders to get priority status fatser for using thier card. the plat amex has more potential for getting upgrades because people who have these cards have demonstrated an ability to spend and repay $$ and as such expect a level of red carpet treatment.

i have had a first premeire card and am thankful i moved on. the funny thing is almost all of the products i had 8 months or so ago was sub-prime junk w/maybe 15k of tl's. since i've educated myself i'm busting 70k and 1 sub-prime product w/0 balance on it.

i've worked hard educating myself and when i throw down a cc i expect to get the best perks i can, that's part of the reason i obtained that particular product in the first place.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing sunrise! A very interesting thread. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
TULO30
Contributor

Great info! Thanks for sharing it.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing wrong with that.

I'm sure the hotel has an arrangement w/ amex. They might get a better rate from amex, or things like improved chargeback protection.
Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I am not sure whey they do that? I wonder if it would be the same special treatment  if we use Amex Delta Card vs. Amex Plat card?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.