cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get an unsecured card for the life of me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can't get an unsecured card for the life of me!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Agree with the post directly above this one.  Applying blindly without knowing your scores or what is on your reports can lead to a bunch of inq's and no credit cards.

Have you downloaded your actual credit reports from annualcreditreport.com? 

These reports are free to you 1x per year from each CRA. Get a copy to see exactly what is on your reports - there may be different things on them than what you see on CK.

Get your actual FICO scores. Get them from here a 1 time 3B report will give you all of your FICO scores.

It would be helpful too for you to visit the rebuilding forum to repair the collections you have on your CR.  

Are you a student or are you working?  What is your income (approx without any identifying factors)?

I just got on there and did that, its asking for $4.95 to see my score. 

I have been removing collections off of my account, new ones just keep coming up, **bleep** hospital!

Im working, I have my own business doing marketing/webdesign. Currently at around 26k/yr Im still a startup ;( 

Thanks I will look into that 3b report. 

Google HIPPA Process. We do not discuss it on the forums but people have reported success. 

Cool, im on the site now. Thanks, looks really cool. 

Message 21 of 51
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No go on the cap 1 platinum

Thank you for your interest.

Unfortunately, we can't approve you for this card today. Recognizing this wasn't the answer you were looking for, we will be sending a detailed email or letter within 7-10 business days to help you understand why.

imo you need to plan this all out rather than fire-ready-aim.  you could have done a pre-qual on the cap1 site and it would have given you a near perfect picture if you would have been approved or not.  look for your name and a fixed apr.  instead you took a hit on all 3Bs.  you need to think before you jump.  go to checkcredittotal.com and report back with your 3 scores.  cancel the $1 trial after you get it.

They want $39.95 for all 3 scores It says FICO SCORE 8 is the 577, dang credit karma is way off. thats a bummer!

$1 trial for 3 scores.  you need to back off, read and learn or you will just be wasting our time and yours.

Message 22 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

I currently am trying to get an unsecured card. 

I have a secured credit card with logix since May and no other accounts. 

From what I am reading I have a thin credit portfolio.

I have a 667 with transunion and a 655 with Equifax according to creditkarma. 

I have 3 collections totally a little over $1100 from medical things. (Bad motorcycle accident) a few slipped through the insurance process. 

I tried with logix, and they denied me. Ive tried pre approvals, ive tried all that I know. 

Can someone just lead me in the right direction as to where I need to start. Or any un secured card that will take me?

It may be the case of having a couple of secured cards under your belt with good payment history might help your profile.  When I started rebuilding the only two bank cards offered to me were a secured Cap 1 and a secured Discover card.  Those two cards help to facilitate approval for my other bank card approvals.  I started off with a few store cards and a lot of collections.

The one lesson I learned is that I was wasting HPs on cards that I didn't qualify for and that was not helping my score.  You will get there, but a couple of things need to happen first-continue to maintain good payment history with Logix and take care of all of the baddies. 

Good luck and keep us posted.  Smiley Wink

Thanks, I guess im just going to have to wait for the logix un secured at this point. 

Message 23 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, we can't approve you for this card today. Recognizing this wasn't the answer you were looking for, we will be sending a detailed email or letter within 7-10 business days to help you understand why.

imo you need to plan this all out rather than fire-ready-aim.  you could have done a pre-qual on the cap1 site and it would have given you a near perfect picture if you would have been approved or not.  look for your name and a fixed apr.  instead you took a hit on all 3Bs.  you need to think before you jump.  go to checkcredittotal.com and report back with your 3 scores.  cancel the $1 trial after you get it.

They want $39.95 for all 3 scores It says FICO SCORE 8 is the 577, dang credit karma is way off. thats a bummer!

$1 trial for 3 scores.  you need to back off, read and learn or you will just be wasting our time and yours.

I understand what you are saying. I went to the site, paid the dollar, and they gave me one score, then tried to upsell me on getting the three scores for the $39.95. Have you visited the site lately?

Message 24 of 51
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand what you are saying. I went to the site, paid the dollar, and they gave me one score, then tried to upsell me on getting the three scores for the $39.95. Have you visited the site lately?

today.  https://www.creditchecktotal.com/

Message 25 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont know what the deal is, I went to that site, paid the dollar, filled out all the info, same deal. Gave me one score, there was a link to get all three scores, and it took me to an order form. 

Message 26 of 51
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont know what the deal is, I went to that site, paid the dollar, filled out all the info, same deal. Gave me one score, there was a link to get all three scores, and it took me to an order form. 

click on reports>compare all

Message 27 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here I just got it over with, that site is sneaky, They have a button once you re log back in to see all three scores, so I press it and then it says processing order. I had already paid them the dollar. Anyways, Ill call them and get my money back if they charged me more than the $1

Message 28 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here I just got it over with, that site is sneaky, They have a button once you re log back in to see all three scores, so I press it and then it says processing order. I had already paid them the dollar. Anyways, Ill call them and get my money back if they charged me more than the $1

Yea, just got an email for the $39.95. iim not happy right now. 

Message 29 of 51
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have used it every week for the past 8 months.  firefox and chrome.   not sneaky, solid fico 8 scores.  your's are not that hot and you have to work on everything you can to bring them back up.  the cap1 site is a near 100%, when you get an offer with your name and/or a fixed apr - not  something generic it will be your time.  in 9/14 I had mid 500s and they started me with a $ 300 card.  see my sig.  read the threads here and follow the people that know what they are talking about and the rest will fall into place.  takes time to make credit happen.  don't burn inqs.  dont get store cards.  get a secured loan.  dont ever be late.  ever.

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.