cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get any credit and don't know what is wrong. PLEASE HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can't get any credit and don't know what is wrong. PLEASE HELP!

@Anonymous wrote:

Freedom - $3500 CL         I am stopping while I am ahead.  Very surprised I got an instant approval though.  Credit pull database had a lot of no instant approvals.

Did you go for the Discover?

Congrats on the rest of the cards..just wow!!! Take care of them now! Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 82
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats on the freedom too. Much higher SL than mine. Almost 3x! Lol Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 42 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but they are having system trouble so I have to call back.  Thats what they said anyways.

Message 43 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, but they are having system trouble so I have to call back.  Thats what they said anyways.

Keep us posted

Message 44 of 82
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, my credit scores were really low...around 520's.  My Experian score is now 694, Transunion around 637, and Equifax 655.  I have worked really hard to fix my credit score.  I had bankruptcy on my report but no longer...it has fallen off now.  My husband and I are very diligent when it comes to checking our report.  My credit card utilization is down to 4% and it has never been late and is is 7 years old.  I have a mortgage that is around 8 years old and it has never been late.  I have an auto loan that was a late a couple of times in the past but has been in good standing payments for at least a year now. 

We have read the forums and are trying to get more credit cards.  My husbands credit score is a little lower than mine, but has managed to get 3 credit cards with 2k credit limits or more.  I can't seem to get any credit cards or an increase on my capital one card.  I dont understand...our credit is practicaly the same.  We have the same accounts except for my one 300 CL capital one card.  I have tried to get an increase with them even went through the executive office.  I have done the preapproval with capital one and never get preapproved for anything.  My husbands scores are in the 650's for each report and I have a dang 694 for experian but cant get anything.  I dont understand, what could possibly be on my report that is affecting everything. 

I am the one that works and brings home the income.  Over 60K a year.  He is retired and brings home much less.  However, he is first on everything.  I feel like I am being denied for everything because of my sex.  What do I need to look for on my report that is killing me?  We have all the same loans, auto, mortgage, personal loans.  What am I missing?  I have not done any hard pulls to get a credit card.  I am too scared, so I have only done soft pulls, preapprovals.  He gets preapproved for everything and I dont get any offers.  I have to be missing something.

Please HELP me!  Thank you

Extremely Fustrated!

Not gonna reply to everything others have told you. But this seems to be the only knock that i can see. as others said. Score is ok. But in the bigger scheme of things. 1 year of not being late will also prevent a lot of things. hope you have success soon. grats on the freedom

Message 45 of 82
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Freedom - $3500 CL         I am stopping while I am ahead.  Very surprised I got an instant approval though.  Credit pull database had a lot of no instant approvals.

Don't stop! I need some more action!

CAPTOOL you're so funny, but you might have a good point. Is Discover still offering double cashback for a year? If so, OP you might want to go for one last card - Discover It.

I would advise against that.   Discover typically pulls EQ, but often pulls TU.   OP needs EX pullers, since that's the highest score.

OP, i say big bucks, big bucks, and stop!   Congrats on three very successful approvals!   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 46 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunrise, you're no fun. Smiley LOL

Message 47 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i didnt stop..lol my husbend was screaming NFCU from the start so i did..Instant approval on Go rewards for 8900! We was already members anyway

30K in one day..i think im dizzy. ill keep you all posted on dicovery card.They said i will get an answer in about 2 days when thier system gets fixed..hubby says hit the garden..think will now

PSmiley Frustrated he looking at Amex too and his scores are about the same as mine but has 3 new CC acounts on his.not sure if he should.What do you think?

Message 48 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everybody's credit profile is different, but I got approved for my Amex EveryDay 2 months after opening my NFCU card, my Cap One business card, and my Navy CLOC. I got fairly favorable terms, too. $5k limit and 17.99% APR (which was the lowest of all my cards at the time, and the same as my NFCU card)

Message 49 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well i didnt stop..lol my husbend was screaming NFCU from the start so i did..Instant approval on Go rewards for 8900! We was already members anyway

30K in one day..i think im dizzy. ill keep you all posted on dicovery card.They said i will get an answer in about 2 days when thier system gets fixed..hubby says hit the garden..think will now

PSmiley Frustrated he looking at Amex too and his scores are about the same as mine but has 3 new CC acounts on his.not sure if he should.What do you think?

You've had an outstanding day, so definitely time for you to garden! If your hubby is up for an Amex there's no harm in trying - you did very well with them. 

Message 50 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.