Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get no... satisfaction from GE!

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I can't get no... satisfaction from GE!

'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try... I can't get no, satisfaction or a CLI! 

Some of you might remember my other posts about not being able to get a CLI from GE.  I try every few months. Tried again a coupe of weeks ago and as usual, I was denied. My letter arrived yesterday with the following reasons listed -

Too many serious derogatory items (too is how they spelled it Smiley Happy )

Months since most recent delinquency

Total account balances excluding mortgages are too high in proportion to credit limits

Too many derogatory accounts or public records

I have to laugh when I read this. First I'm wondering if a person actually typed this or if it was generated by a computer that needs to learn what the word too means.  Next, for my account balances, my total utilization was about 4% when I tried. And if they went off of a report that was a couple of months old, utilization then was about 5-8%.  Any derogs are over 4 years old. I wish there was an actual person that matters that I could talk to there. I've called the EO office before. The people that I've spoken to there pretty much told me that they didn't know why and that I'd receive a letter. This is really becoming kind of amusing. Meanwhile, my other accounts continue to grow and I have no problem getting loans. I don't have perfect credit but there hasn't been anything bad for years.  

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: I can't get no... satisfaction from GE!

That seems a strange response from GECRB Credit Solutions if that's who you called. I would call again most people get positive results from them. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I've called a few times to request a CLI. The time before this one I questioned why. Explained that I don't have a problem getting an increase on any of my other cars, no problems getting a loan or anything else but when it comes to them, I'm always denied. And I was shooting low that down. Was only requesting a $300. increase. He just told me that he didn't know and that I'd receive a letter.   The last try a few weeks ago was online.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 18
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Have you tried a backdoor number?  Also, "too" is spelled correctly and used in its correct form.

Also meant to write you have that song stuck in my head now!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

On my apping for new credit never ever been turned down except for (ugly) Barclay's bunch. On the CLI side of matters though, gecrb is a clear 0-50 or somewhere in that range. An obvious exaggeration on my part with the 50, but don't recall exactly the numerous attempts. However the 0 IS a disappointing fact on achieving any CLI with Credit Solutions for me too.
Their denial letters are hilarious and obviously are spit out from Windows 98 software. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try... I can't get no, satisfaction or a CLI! 

Some of you might remember my other posts about not being able to get a CLI from GE.  I try every few months. Tried again a coupe of weeks ago and as usual, I was denied. My letter arrived yesterday with the following reasons listed -

Too many serious derogatory items (too is how they spelled it Smiley Happy )

Months since most recent delinquency

Total account balances excluding mortgages are too high in proportion to credit limits

Too many derogatory accounts or public records

I have to laugh when I read this. First I'm wondering if a person actually typed this or if it was generated by a computer that needs to learn what the word too means.  Next, for my account balances, my total utilization was about 4% when I tried. And if they went off of a report that was a couple of months old, utilization then was about 5-8%.  Any derogs are over 4 years old. I wish there was an actual person that matters that I could talk to there. I've called the EO office before. The people that I've spoken to there pretty much told me that they didn't know why and that I'd receive a letter. This is really becoming kind of amusing. Meanwhile, my other accounts continue to grow and I have no problem getting loans. I don't have perfect credit but there hasn't been anything bad for years.  

That is the real reason for the decline. The others are just thrown in for good measure. If you have a PR it is going too cost you till the day it is deleted, I have multi GE accounts but due to a dismissed BK (02/05) still reporting only on my TU I am capped at 3.5K limit/card and I too get such silly letters from them.... I dont really care at this point as I app for cards that will most likely pull the other 2 and I get the limits I want. Good luck in the future Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I've called a few times to request a CLI. The time before this one I questioned why. Explained that I don't have a problem getting an increase on any of my other cars, no problems getting a loan or anything else but when it comes to them, I'm always denied. And I was shooting low that down. Was only requesting a $300. increase. He just told me that he didn't know and that I'd receive a letter.   The last try a few weeks ago was online.

I get responses like that in Credit Solutions too and they are supposedly pulling a sp and looking at the credit report for you at that moment... so how could "he not know" if "he is the one deciding"

I was skeptical of credit solutions when I called them last month about my 76 gas card and the gentlemen that answered barely spoke english and was clearly reading a script about pulling and reviewing my credit but then I see $300 to $25k Lowes CLI through Credit Solutions so I feel like it's still true...

What's GE up too?

Message 7 of 18
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I'm in the same boat. I can get CLI's on my Walmart and JCP cards every four months on the dot....was trying to get CLI on American Eagle and GAP and keep getting shut down. Tried asking the guy on the phone why that was the case and of course they were less than helpful.

Should be getting 4 or so denial letters in the next couple of days...which will say the same four reasons....tried AE, Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 8 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

GE is just a strange creature.  They love my JCP card, but won't do anything about Wally or Amazon.   I'm leaving a $0.76 balance on my Wally, just to see what happens next month...watch me get a CLI. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 18
TeeMac
Established Member

Ugh that is frustrating...I'm waiting for the last few baddies (nearly 7 years old!!!) to age off, but I still get denials like this from time to time for various things, too.

For whatever it is worth, "too" is actually the correct usage. (Too, to, two is confusing, but trust me, they used it correctly!) I would guess the letter is computer generated and they use a computer based scoring model. Have you tried GWing any of those baddies for early removal? I know you're not having trouble getting loans, but if the GE thing is bugging you, it might help with them. Just a thought :-)

NFCU Cash Siggy $15,000--Capital One Quicksilver $4,300--Barclays Apple Visa $1,500 --Discover IT $6,500 --Sallie Mae MC $6,300--Capital One Venture $5,000 -- Chase Freedom $3,000 --

STORE CARDS: HSN $1,800 --Amazon $4,000 --Brylane $1,300--Walmart $2100 --Kohls $700--NY and Company $1,150 -- Paypal SC $2,500-- Lowes $4,500 -- Overstock $4,400

TU 696 -EX 727 -EQ 722

Pecking away at my iPad...forgive any typos or bizarre autocorrects!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.