cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get no... satisfaction from GE!

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: I can't get no... satisfaction from GE!

I pay off all but one of my cards before the statements close each month. So even when I do use my GE cards (Walmart and JCP), I don't let a balance post. I have in the past but don't anymore.  I receive a CLI on my JCP card a few months ago. That went from $200. to $400. Big surprize! I had tried to get one on that card at least 3-4 times over the 16 months that I had the card before the increase. One of the times that I tried was a month before the increase.  My Walmart only increased once. That was about 3 months after I received the card.  It went from $600. to $700.

I do have some derogs on my report. A BK from 2/10 and a few tax liens. I understand that they aren't good but they haven't been hurting me to much. At least not with the credit that I have been applying for. From what I've read here, I thought GE was pretty liberal and those cards wouldn't grow. Others have posted about getting increses with less than perfect credit. I've thought about applying for another GE card to see what the limit would be if I was approved. I only had credit lines that totaled $1800. when I was approved for my current GE cards towards the end of '12. Now I have just over $18k. 

As for the too thing, I thought the word too means also. Like, I'm going too.  If I say I have to many inquiries, wouldn't it be that and not too many inquires?  Maybe I'm wrong. I didn't like English when I was in school.  

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 11 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@TeeMac wrote:

Ugh that is frustrating...I'm waiting for the last few baddies (nearly 7 years old!!!) to age off, but I still get denials like this from time to time for various things, too.

For whatever it is worth, "too" is actually the correct usage. (Too, to, two is confusing, but trust me, they used it correctly!) I would guess the letter is computer generated and they use a computer based scoring model. Have you tried GWing any of those baddies for early removal? I know you're not having trouble getting loans, but if the GE thing is bugging you, it might help with them. Just a thought :-)

The BK will have to run it's course and fall off eventually. I still have a few years for that.  As for my take liens, I might try and offer in compromise this year. If that's accepted then it will get rid of at least half of the baddies (public records) that I have. The others are state liens. They don't like working with people. Just want all of the money so no compromise there.

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 12 of 18
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I do have some derogs on my report. A BK from 2/10 and a few tax liens. I understand that they aren't good but they haven't been hurting me to much.

As for the too thing, I thought the word too means also. Like, I'm going too.  If I say I have to many inquiries, wouldn't it be that and not too many inquires?  Maybe I'm wrong. I didn't like English when I was in school.  

Both of the underlined parts, it would be "too" which also means also.  Haha, it can get confusing!  But anyway, have you tried the backdoor number at all to speak with an analyst?  If so, I missed it.  Sometimes they'll override what the computer spits outs.  Not sure how well that works with GE though.  The numbers are at the top of the board.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 18
Bunnylocks
New Contributor

Unfortunately same problem here. I've had my Walmart card for 11 months, and never got any luv from them via phone or online. Just for fun the other night I tried the online luv button again, and they gave me a hoping 200.00 dollar increase. Now I am up to 500 bucks. I tried my Old Navy card, and was bumped from 1200 to 1500. I then tried Amazon, but no dice. I called in to ask for a manual review of my Amazon one, and they denied me, so now I am waiting for a letter. Definitely confused about GE right now.

When I got my Old Navy card they started me off with a 200.00 credit line, and I ran it up twice and let the balance report, and at the fourth month they bumped me up to 1200.00. Walmart continued to refuse me, and I had to call to ask to be moved from 700.00 to 1500 on my Amazon card. I tried letting the balance report on that, but no dice. I'll likely close my Walmart at the 1 year mark, because I only purchase bubble wrap every few months now.

Message 14 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Update - GE gave me some auto-love on my JCP card. I signed in a few days ago and saw that the CL went from $400. to $750. My last increase on that card was this past December. I used it a little but I wouldn't say that it's heavy use. I also make sure it's paid off before the statement closing date. And for the increase that I received in December, I called to get one in November and they said no. A month later it went from $200. to $400. and now four months later it's at $750. OK, so... I can get that but nothing for my Walmart card.  I started using that card more last month. I've going to give it a few months of use, pay it off before the statement closes and see if I get any love from them. 

When I requested a CLI for my JCP card before and was denied, the letter said the same thing that the denial letter for my Walmart CLI said. 

So in the end.... I guess there is no way to figure this out! Smiley Happy 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 15 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

Update - GE gave me some auto-love on my JCP card. I signed in a few days ago and saw that the CL went from $400. to $750. My last increase on that card was this past December. I used it a little but I wouldn't say that it's heavy use. I also make sure it's paid off before the statement closing date. And for the increase that I received in December, I called to get one in November and they said no. A month later it went from $200. to $400. and now four months later it's at $750. OK, so... I can get that but nothing for my Walmart card.  I started using that card more last month. I've going to give it a few months of use, pay it off before the statement closes and see if I get any love from them. 

When I requested a CLI for my JCP card before and was denied, the letter said the same thing that the denial letter for my Walmart CLI said. 

So in the end.... I guess there is no way to figure this out! Smiley Happy 

GE likes heavy use and posted balances, no matter how small.  My Wally CL hasn't budged since August.   Last month, I decided to let a $0.76 balance post on Wally.  The LUV button took me from $300 to $700!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 16 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I haven't had a balance when my JCP statement closed in awhile but it's been slowly starting to grow. For my Walmart, a balance posted on the last statement. So I'll see if that combined with some use will get it to budge. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 17 of 18
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.