cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant believe this! boa closed my card???

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: I cant believe this! boa closed my card???

I am definitely in the garden but come on, usually if something is compromised u get an immediate phone call. Not your account is closed and their is no indication of it on your online portal. This is the second time in 1 month a card of mine has been compromised, barclays last month, boa this month. I am getting so leary of these issues now, but i have experian identity monitoring for free through target credit card breech, although they never sent me an alert. I am just so glad bank of america and me are still tight, lol. 

Message 11 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
I panicked because i saw other posters saying the same. Just called boa and they appologized and said visa contacted them and my card was compromised and they are sending me a new card and he assured my account is open. Thank god! Panicked!!

Yay 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 19
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I am definitely in the garden but come on, usually if something is compromised u get an immediate phone call. Not your account is closed and their is no indication of it on your online portal. This is the second time in 1 month a card of mine has been compromised, barclays last month, boa this month. I am getting so leary of these issues now, but i have experian identity monitoring for free through target credit card breech, although they never sent me an alert. I am just so glad bank of america and me are still tight, lol. 

thnak god everything is alright! but they should have let you know instead of you finding out like that 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats crazy im going to hold off my my CLI for the BoA cash rewards!

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah ... this would sure scare me!
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it worked out for you. Seems to be quite a few cc companies doing this on account of the HD thing that happened. I wouldn't have guessed it was due to the BT. I actually did a BT, essentially paying off my BofA Cash Rewards card and my account is still intact. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

is HD= Home Depot? 

Message 17 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

is HD= Home Depot? 

Yes. They had a little security issue recently. 

Message 18 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

I still think its weird bank of america did not tell me about this? When it happened to my debit card i received an email. I just find it weird that my online access is still gone. Boa said keep using the card and any auto payments are good till you get new card. I called one of my auto payments billing dept. and was told my reoccurring charge scheduled for monday would not be approved. So strange.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.