cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could NOT resist! Apped for AMEX Zync.....

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Re: I could NOT resist! Apped for AMEX Zync.....

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

And was approved for the $500 hard limit/auto pay!  Would have preferred a NSPL, but HEY I've got my foot in the door and part of the the AMEX FAMILY!!!! YAY ME!!!! Smiley Very Happy If you had ask me a few years ago if I would even THINK I'd be approved for an AMEX card I would have died laughing! LOL!  I'm so excited!!!  Now please I need advice...my plan is to use it in place of my debit card for everyday small purchases like lunch, coffee, gas etc...Is this a good plan??  Also, do you think they will lift this Hard limit after a few months? Or can I simply apply for a revolver in a year?  Oh and if approved for a revolver in the future won't it be backdated for 2012?  

Congrats......HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU....lol

Thanks  amercnchopz34!!! Doing the happy dance with you!!! LOL!!!!

Hopefully when my BK ages a little bit more...I will join u....

Rootin' for ya!!!! It will happen!  Smiley Happy

Slowly building....
Message 11 of 14
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Congrats ! Happy dance! Welcome to the Amex family!

Thanks webhopper!! I am still so shocked! I never thought I'd have an AMEX in my wallet! LOL!!!  Hard work pays off!

Slowly building....
Message 12 of 14
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

And was approved for the $500 hard limit/auto pay!  Would have preferred a NSPL, but HEY I've got my foot in the door and part of the the AMEX FAMILY!!!! YAY ME!!!! Smiley Very Happy If you had ask me a few years ago if I would even THINK I'd be approved for an AMEX card I would have died laughing! LOL!  I'm so excited!!!  Now please I need advice...my plan is to use it in place of my debit card for everyday small purchases like lunch, coffee, gas etc...Is this a good plan??  Also, do you think they will lift this Hard limit after a few months? Or can I simply apply for a revolver in a year?  Oh and if approved for a revolver in the future won't it be backdated for 2012?  

Congrats on the approval !!   I pretty much use my AMEX ZYNC the same way, it has replaced my debit card.    Basically I use it anywhere that AMEX is accepted.

As far as removing the limit ~ YMMV on this.    I've had a $200 Hard Limit since I was approved in November, and it hasn't been removed yet.   Some people have reported still having a limit at 12 months or longer.    I think AMEX will remove it once they are comfortable with your spending/payment history and when you meet their internal review criteria ( whatever that is )....

Thanks so much! Great to hear your experience with it.  Let's me know I'm on the right track!  Please report back if you're hard limit get's removed in the near future!  Do you plan to apply for a revolver in the future too?

Slowly building....
Message 13 of 14
RyVision
Valued Contributor

TeenandDee;

In the past I would notice a lot of people having their HL's removed after about 6 months with Zync. It's become a lot more rare over the last several months.  I was approved for the Zync last Sept with a NPSL. Then in Dec I applied for BCE, was declined, the next day I got an offer through an online partner to apply for Discover More. Since I was declined the card I wanted from AMEX, I applied; DM gave me a 6500 CL.  That should give you some idea of what AMEX wants to see before they approve a revolver.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.