cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could use some Expert MyFico'ers advice AmEx question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I could use some Expert MyFico'ers advice AmEx question.

@clocktick wrote:

This is the exact same thing I was/am going to do.  However, when I called the rep I had to wait 13 months to convert my CL from my Blue to my BCP.  Also, the rep told me I could slide all but $500 over.  You seemed to talk to them more recently so maybe things changed?

Also, I noticed on the Amex site that you can do it on there too.  If you go to the card and then Account home>Profile and Preferences>See more options>Account Management>Manage Credit Limit

I haven't tried it yet because I'm waiting out my 13 months with having the BCP.  My rep wasn't aware of the 13-month "rule" but when she came back, she told me about it.  Please update if you are successful.  I'm extremely interested in this.

I will definatly update this thread when I call AmEx again to see if this can be done.

The AmE rep I spoke to said it would be no problem at all for me to slide the 5K over to my brand new Blue Cash Preferred, and then close my 8 month old Blue Cash card. but I would have to leave at least 1K on that card when closed, so it reports it had a CL.

As we all know, you can call and speak to one rep, hang up and call right back and get a completely different answer from a different rep.

Message 11 of 13
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Exactlly!  So one of them is misinformed because my rep said $500...unless it changed, of course.  I was hoping to transfer 100% as well.  Now I want to call back too!  When are the dates you received the BCP and the Blue?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blue Cash 3/28/11

PR Gold  7/15/11

Blue Cash Preferred 10/2/11

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.