Did you mean: 

I'd Love Some Opinions On My Situation

tag
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: I'd Love Some Opinions On My Situation

@WhiteCleats

I have not tried a new app for Cap1.

To be honest, I have no interest in getting triple pulled for a company that may or may not give me a better limit.

If my score were a lot higher than the upper 600's, I might not care, but for now, am saving my HP's for cards I want and that I know will probably grow with me.

It's one thing to not give CLI's, but after 3yrs of perfect payment history without a late and they refuse to upgrade to a non-AF card?

Cap1 isn't showing me any loyalty so I will not be showing them any in the future.

They are on my chopping block Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 25
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

austinguy907 wrote:

- holding your own and not getting underwater with churning is a good idea until you get used to the nuances of the whole thing.  it can get complicated when you're juggling several things and trying to fire on all 6 or 8 cylinders to meet all of the requirements.

That's what spreadsheets are for.  Smiley Wink

https://www.iberiabank.com/personal/credit-cards/

https://www.zionsbank.com/personal/comparison-table/credit-cards/

they both used to be trophy cards for people to get because they couldn't just pick them up like Comenity with a SCT

Used to be?  And what does "pick them up like Comenity with a SCT" mean??

- most of the high end cards in the $500 AF range are if you really travel a lot and can utilize the perks enough to counter the AF

Which I don't do.  So it may be that the super elite cards and their limits are not for me.  I chaffe at the idea of paying to use a credit card unless I can recoup the fee via rewards.

- the super elite cards are just ego strokers

*snort*  Like I said.  Smiley Wink

- cap1 is fine for some but... they're nothing special at this point when with a 800+ and 2 inquiries they deny you for 2 inquiries and nothing else.

I can't believe an 800+ and a couple of inquiries blocked a CLI.  Wow.  Examples like these make it abundantly clear that bucketing (and the struggle of being bucketed) is real.  

- SL's with them top out at 30-40K depending on the card usually seen more on the Venture's though.... max CL though.... I haven't seen anything that stands out for the most part but, I suppose if you spend enough a 50K wouldn't be out of the question if you keep adding a new account and combining them and tempting fate with the CLI monsters

You're saying 30-40K is the typical max for Venture?  What about a starter card like Slate?  Any idea on that one?  

What do you mean by "tempting fate with the CLI monsters"?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/My-first-year-with-Discover-Data-Points/m-p/4705523

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/m-p/4802538

Thanks for the links.  I'm pretty excited to read through the entire thread.

- there's plenty of people around here that have been around the block a few times that are always willing to lend a hand.  you just have to find us or we find you sometimes too.  i'm finding it kind of funny how the younger/newer credit seekers don't know about the bucketing system as it's been around for quite awhile.  i'm guessing most of them are either novices or milenials that haven't been through the process enough to figure it out.  then again i think when i did a search on here the bucketing thread was from 2008 or so.  

I woudn't consider myself young or novice yet I didn't have a clue about bucketing.  I'm not sure how 'common knowledge' it is unless one is a credit junkie.  But, if you think about for even a minute it makes perfect sense.  

...even spending just a couple of hours a week around here will help in the long run.  it's easy though to go down the rabbit hole if you're not careful and look up at the clock and see it being some odd hour of the morning when it was just say 7pm before you ventured into the forum.

Rabbit hole is right.  That's why the delayed response.  I had to unplug from this forum because on the second day I didn't even take a show or brush my teeth.  So, more like a K hole.  Smiley Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 22 of 25
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

May I ask when did u upgrade your qs1 to qs? and how? and when did they auto-increase yr CL to $4,500?

got my qs1 4 months ago with SL $300, hv no luck with my cli request.

What?  You don't want to read every word of this entire thread?  LOL  Smiley Wink

I upgraded from QS1 to QS a mere few days ago.  

I went to the Capital One website and just followed the instructions for a limit increase.

They did the auto-increase either 7 or 8 months after I'd opened the card.  I can't quite recall which. 

Well, Capital One does have a policy of CLI's every 6 months so it's likely you haven't had the card opened long enough yet. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL I read the entire thread after I left the msg.

I know there will be a Credit Steps after making first 5 monthly payments. But I read some post from the forum saying that try to get an CLI before that will turn out getting two CLI in the first 6 months(CLI request + Credit Steps)

when I try to get a CLI, they decline my request an told me to wait for my Credit Steps which will increase my CL from $300 to $500......

Message 24 of 25
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL I read the entire thread after I left the msg.

I know there will be a Credit Steps after making first 5 monthly payments. But I read some post from the forum saying that try to get an CLI before that will turn out getting two CLI in the first 6 months(CLI request + Credit Steps)

when I try to get a CLI, they decline my request an told me to wait for my Credit Steps which will increase my CL from $300 to $500......

I really wish I had an answer/some valuable insight but as I'm sure you read, I'm just figuring things out my own self.  

All I can say for sure is that they did as advertised -- raised my limit in the time frame they said they would.  I was surprised that I got a 4K CLI given that my Experian credit score at the time was 641.  <--- Perhaps you'll find that information helpful, I don't know.  

EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.