Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I declined CapOne CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I declined CapOne CLI

@TrialByFire wrote:
True, I'd be grateful for any increase. However, there are too many stories indicating to hold out a couple weeks for a much larger one, at least when dealing with cap1.

Yup, check back at a later date, possibly when your next statement cuts.

I was in the same exact scenario as you are right now. Offered only $300 on my 3 month mark.

Waited a month later, and doubled my CL from $3k to $6k ($3k CLI) just from waiting one more month. 

Please don't contact CS or EO...

Message 11 of 14
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

+1 UncleB...if I'm specifically going for a cli, I'll wear the magnetic strip off a card 1-2 months before attempting one Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I always get a kick out of the wait a couple weeks for a better offer stories. There is no science behind this theory. Simply waiting does nothing, this isn't a negotiation. Your asking for something and offering nothing in return, what's cap ones upside in offering more later? The best way to get a CLI is to demonstrate a need for one. Run a ton of charges through the card and pay off several times, that catches an algorithms attention more than playing the waiting game. If a card is t being used to its full potential it appears a CLI isn't needed and won't be offered.
Message 13 of 14
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Running a ton of charges through helps, I agree. In my case, and many others, I requested a cli a day or two before the 6 mo mark and they offered $150 cli. Waiting until 6 mo exactly or +1 or 2 days after cap1 SP my report made all the difference. How else would they go from offering $150 increase to $2,000? What would explain that? And that's on 2 cards for a total increase of $4,000. Now multiply that one incident by 10 fold and a pattern starts to develop.

OP, request a cli in 1 week. It's a SP so no damage done. If you still see an offer for $150, try again 2 weeks after that and report back with the results.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.