Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did the pre approval for Orchard

tag
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

I did the pre approval for Orchard

It stated that I was prequailifed for the Orchard Bank Platinum Mastercard with an 8% APR. This does not mean that I have been approved for it correct? Should I apply for it.

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: I did the pre approval for Orchard

They won't let you have more than 2 HSBC cards, so if you don't have 2 yet and want the card, apply for it.  I doubt that it's a automatic approval though.  Just an indicator that you fit the profile of those who qualified for that card historically.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 2 of 6
Roxlie
Contributor

I'm not sure about the 2 card limit..I currently have 1 Household, 1 Orchard, 1 HSBC, and 1 Best Buy.

I applied for another Orchard and they said I had too many HSBC cards already. So either I snuck 1 by them or the limit is 4?

I had heard 3 at one point. So I dunno for sure.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Others have been denied when trying for the 3rd account. They don't seem very consistent.
Message 4 of 6
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I think any more than 2 has to be by invitation, with the possible exception of HSBC store cards. 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 5 of 6
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

I have about 6 inq reporting. And does anyone know which CR they pull? I have a lot of collections 12. No new collections in the last 2 years. What do they hate?

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.