Did you mean: 

I do not know who to choose

tag
Caitt
Regular Contributor

I do not know who to choose

Between Capital one (venture/Quicksilver) got preapproved showed 17.39%
Got preapproved Citi double cash card,
AMEX everyday card, everyday blue card, gold.
I would like to purchase a house around June 2016 so I'm trying to get this out of the way!
Any help is appreciated.
I noticed CO does 3 pulls, what about Citi, and AMEX?
CO does sp for CLI, what about AMEX, and Citi?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I do not know who to choose

Amex did a single pull, Experian.

Reading what others have said, Cap does do tripple pull and lately they haven't been as generous with the SL/CLI's. I don't think Amex and Cap have similar cards. But I think Citi has some. Try to decide what you need in a card first I suppose.

edit: sry, just noticed you had already listed some cards, specifically. In that case, I'd still go with what you NEED. Also take into account how the card will be used. If you want CB, Cap doesn't require a minimum to cash out. But I think the Citi DC need a minimum of $25. This isn't an issue for some though.

Message 2 of 26
Caitt
Regular Contributor

I'm more interested in the SL rather the rewards honestly
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What would u choose?

As always, it depends on you and what you need/want.

Personally, I would go with Capital One because they are probably the best in the business right now (imo obv) and Citi would likely give you the lowest initial limit with no easy path to a CLI. AMEX Everyday is a junk card imo, BCE is a very good card though.
I like both the QS and Venture for their instant rewards (no waiting for billing cycles etc.) and generally high initial limits with SP CLI's. They also have by far the best website and mobile app.
While you may hear otherwise, Cap One ime has by far the best overall customer service.
Message 4 of 26
Caitt
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much
Message 5 of 26
Caitt
Regular Contributor

I'm thinking of applying for QS and Venture back to back hoping for only 3 hp instead of 6!
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a good idea, especially if you want to merge the accounts down the road to get rid of the APR without closing an account.
Message 7 of 26
Caitt
Regular Contributor

I was actually thinking about converting it to the ones with no APR's
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely Capital One Venture will give you the best SL. They base it largely off of income. Citi will likely give you a junk limit.
What are your scores and income?
Depending on your scores now, I might suggest waiting until after the mortgage, but you might benefit from adding one card right now. Do not add a bunch of cards now so close to the mortgage.
Message 9 of 26
Caitt
Regular Contributor

My scores are Ex 662 EQ 660 TU 670 but I have had a collection removed since last pull. My income is 45k. I have not started the process for Mortgage yet. I was thinking of the 2 for 1 with Capital one.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.