Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't get Chase sometimes!

tag
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

I don't get Chase sometimes!

About a month and a half ago I applied for the CPS and was denied - I understood the reason but I took it all the way to their executive office and asked for a second look and was denied too for silly reasons - short history and stuff. Even though I've been with them for two years with the Freedom and Amazon cards.

I was told then that Chase will not give me a single penny more than what I had at the time .. 

I paid down my entire balances on my credit cards anyway. Today I noticed they increased my CL on my Amazon card from $1500 to $3000 !! What's that all about? 

A month ago they say no .. then they increase my limit on their own?

Any ideas?

Current Cards:
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: I don't get Chase sometimes!

@altayar wrote:

About a month and a half ago I applied for the CPS and was denied - I understood the reason but I took it all the way to their executive office and asked for a second look and was denied too for silly reasons - short history and stuff. Even though I've been with them for two years with the Freedom and Amazon cards.

I was told then that Chase will not give me a single penny more than what I had at the time .. 

I paid down my entire balances on my credit cards anyway. Today I noticed they increased my CL on my Amazon card from $1500 to $3000 !! What's that all about? 

Any ideas?

I apped for the Amazon Visa and Freedom in February and got approved for $500 on the Amazon and declined with Recon on the Freedom saying they gave me enough credit they think im valued at. Fast foward 4 months I have a $3500 Freedom and a $5k Chase sapphire 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 6
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@altayar wrote:

Any ideas?

I apped for the Amazon Visa and Freedom in February and got approved for $500 on the Amazon and declined with Recon on the Freedom saying they gave me enough credit they think im valued at. Fast foward 4 months I have a $3500 Freedom and a $5k Chase sapphire 

I will probably apply again for the CPS in a few months .. just waiting to make sure this time they'll approve me.

Did you apply for the freedeom and CPS at the same time?

Current Cards:
Message 3 of 6
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@altayar wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@altayar wrote:

Any ideas?

I will probably apply again for the CPS in a few months .. just waiting to make sure this time they'll approve me.

Did you apply for the freedeom and CPS at the same time?

I have the Freedom and the Chase Sapphire non -preferred version. I apped the Freedom Saturday night and I think the Sapphire around Sunday afternoon?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 4 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I think Chase is a no hassel bank my mom just transfered her $500 Freedom CL to her Hyatt VISA Siggy card bringing it to a new CL of $5,500 this was done in 24 hours. Closing her Freedom. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 6
fot1
Established Contributor

@altayar wrote:

Any ideas?

Do you have any credit cards with $5k limit or higher?  Because Chase looks at those accounts a lot more and if you don't have one with that limit it is a lot harder to get the CSP..

Too many to list..
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.