Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't hate Chase anymore

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I don't hate Chase anymore

I posted a couple weeks ago about my hate for Chase due to them denying a CLI with a hard pull except a token $500 added to my $1k line.  I had recently been approved for $5k with Discover and wanted something along those lines, especially with a hard.  The reps kept harping on a couple of collections from 6 years ago.  Neither were related to credit cards and my CC history is pretty much impeccible.  I've never make a late payment or went over my limit with them.  Well I emailed the CEO and got a call back in a couple days.  A rep took my income and employment info and requested permission for a soft pull.  I granted and he said he would call back the next day.  He even gave me his direct line to contact him with any other concerns  He called back today and said he approved an CLI to $5k, I'm very happy with that.  I asked him to look into the APR(28.4%!!!) and he said he would and is supposed to call me back tommorrow.  Now my faith in Chase has been restored and I'm very happy with the results.  Chase is back in my good graces.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Re: I don't hate Chase anymore

That's awesomeness boomhower!!!!  Congrats!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Awesome! Hope they reduce your APR too. My DH still hates Chase because back in 2008-2010 they balance chased him on 2 cards. Destroyed his FICO's, sending his util through the roof. 

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 3 of 6
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Smiley Surprised Wow!!  Great work!

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat.  Can you PM me the email address you used?  I would love to give it a try.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

I posted a couple weeks ago about my hate for Chase due to them denying a CLI with a hard pull except a token $500 added to my $1k line.  I had recently been approved for $5k with Discover and wanted something along those lines, especially with a hard.  The reps kept harping on a couple of collections from 6 years ago.  Neither were related to credit cards and my CC history is pretty much impeccible.  I've never make a late payment or went over my limit with them.  Well I emailed the CEO and got a call back in a couple days.  A rep took my income and employment info and requested permission for a soft pull.  I granted and he said he would call back the next day.  He even gave me his direct line to contact him with any other concerns  He called back today and said he approved an CLI to $5k, I'm very happy with that.  I asked him to look into the APR(28.4%!!!) and he said he would and is supposed to call me back tommorrow.  Now my faith in Chase has been restored and I'm very happy with the results.  Chase is back in my good graces.

Congrats!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.