cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know what to make of this Capital One chat session...

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: I don't know what to make of this Capital One chat session...

I'm drawing a blank...GM card?

Personal:

Business:

Message 21 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking about C1 and CLIs... I have been thinking about this.

My C1 Plat MC $300CL started Jan 2014.  In June 2014 I LUV button to $500CL.  On 09/15/2014, I asked for a PC to C1 QS & they agreed.  I get it in 7-10 days.  I'm thinking that now that I will be a C1 QS customer, that my CLIs should be much higher.  I'm thinking this because the C1 Plat MC is a "Rebuilding" card, and bc the C1 QS is "Excellent" credit card (per their website).  So I'm thinking b/c I'll have the "Excellent" QS that my CLI should be much better next time after 6 months.  Am I right?  

Message 22 of 69
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Here is the link to the card.

https://www.gmcard.com/

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 23 of 69
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My C1 Plat MC $300CL started Jan 2014.  In June 2014 I LUV button to $500CL.  On 09/15/2014, I asked for a PC to C1 QS & they agreed.  I get it in 7-10 days.  I'm thinking that now that I will be a C1 QS customer, that my CLIs should be much higher.  I'm thinking this because the C1 Plat MC is a "Rebuilding" card, and bc the C1 QS is "Excellent" credit card (per their website).  So I'm thinking b/c I'll have the "Excellent" QS that my CLI should be much better next time after 6 months.  Am I right?  

That makes sense to me, but I'm rather new to all of this. So then I should I ask to PC my platinum card to QS, then have 2 QS cards? Or should I PC my QS1 to QS and get rid of the fee? My platinum does not have a fee.

Personal:

Business:

Message 24 of 69
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Here is the link to the card.

https://www.gmcard.com/

Thank you! I'll check it out!

Personal:

Business:

Message 25 of 69
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That makes sense to me, but I'm rather new to all of this. So then I should I ask to PC my platinum card to QS, then have 2 QS cards? Or should I PC my QS1 to QS and get rid of the fee? My platinum does not have a fee.

I would at least try to PC the platinum to Quicksilver. Ops have had luck with that through chat. When your annual fee comes due then try for QS1 to QS and get rid of the fee. That may take executive office to do. Ops have good luck asking through Facebook and they transfer to EO.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 26 of 69
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You already have two C1 cards anyways.  So I wouldn't waste any time considering getting a 3rd one even if you were guaranteed approval with $5k CL.  If it were me I would rather diversify a little bit / have a card with a new lender to build a relationship.

I agree. You already have the Quicksilverone and Platnium MasterCard.. Why not apply with another company that offers way better cards? Honestly everyone is different but I don't like to use my Quicksilverone card often.

Message 27 of 69
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You already have two C1 cards anyways.  So I wouldn't waste any time considering getting a 3rd one even if you were guaranteed approval with $5k CL.  If it were me I would rather diversify a little bit / have a card with a new lender to build a relationship.

I agree. You already have the Quicksilverone and Platnium MasterCard.. Why not try with bother company that offers way better cards?

Right now because I'm still within 2 years of a discharged BR. I called the underwriters of several companies and they said they don't touch people unless after 2 years. So far my CU, Amex, Discover, Citi, etc. These people weren't even affected by my BR. So in turn I figured since Capital One is extended credit to me, why not see if I can get more. At this point though I think I'll hold off because I don't want to take the chance.

Personal:

Business:

Message 28 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

According to Capital One's website, the QS1 card is for "Average" credit, and the QS card is for "Excellent" credit.  So what I suggest is:

Ask them to PC your QS1 to a QS

Ask them to PC your Platinum to a Venture Rewards 

That way you have the two best cards.  Plus these are soft pulls.  You can request via chat online or by phone at the main phone number.  But just ask them to confirm that they are soft pulls.  I think if you do this, then you'll have the two "Excellent" credit rating cards for free (soft pulls) which will I hope somehow make you get better CLIs b/c they are their premium cards = you are a good member = you are Excellent.

Message 29 of 69
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree. You already have the Quicksilverone and Platnium MasterCard.. Why not try with bother company that offers way better cards?

Right now because I'm still within 2 years of a discharged BR. I called the underwriters of several companies and they said they don't touch people unless after 2 years. So far my CU, Amex, Discover, Citi, etc. These people weren't even affected by my BR. So in turn I figured since Capital One is extended credit to me, why not see if I can get more. At this point though I think I'll hold off because I don't want to take the chance.

Sorry I edited that post before I saw the reply lol. Just wait either till your accounts age or wait 2 years. Can honestly the companies you just named offer way better cards.

Message 30 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.