cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know what to make of this Capital One chat session...

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: I don't know what to make of this Capital One chat session...

@Anonymous wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Speaking about C1 and CLIs... I have been thinking about this.

My C1 Plat MC $300CL started Jan 2014.  In June 2014 I LUV button to $500CL.  On 09/15/2014, I asked for a PC to C1 QS & they agreed.  I get it in 7-10 days.  I'm thinking that now that I will be a C1 QS customer, that my CLIs should be much higher.  I'm thinking this because the C1 Plat MC is a "Rebuilding" card, and bc the C1 QS is "Excellent" credit card (per their website).  So I'm thinking b/c I'll have the "Excellent" QS that my CLI should be much better next time after 6 months.  Am I right?  

That makes sense to me, but I'm rather new to all of this. So then I should I ask to PC my platinum card to QS, then have 2 QS cards? Or should I PC my QS1 to QS and get rid of the fee? My platinum does not have a fee.

According to Capital One's website, the QS1 card is for "Average" credit, and the QS card is for "Excellent" credit.  So what I suggest is:

Ask them to PC your QS1 to a QS

Ask them to PC your Platinum to a Venture Rewards 

That way you have the two best cards.  Plus these are soft pulls.  You can request via chat online or by phone at the main phone number.  But just ask them to confirm that they are soft pulls.  I think if you do this, then you'll have the two "Excellent" credit rating cards for free (soft pulls) which will I hope somehow make you get better CLIs b/c they are their premium cards = you are a good member = you are Excellent.

I was told I couldn't product upgrade to Quicksilver ever. 

Message 31 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ killer I just PC'd my Platinum MC $500CL to a full blown QS.  I've only had the Plat MC since Jan'2014.  They immediately said yes you can do that.  I also saw someone else post today or yesterday that they were able to do the same from Plat MC to QS.  I did it via online chat.  So give it a shot again.  It's a softpull anyways.

Message 32 of 69
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ killer I just PC'd my Platinum MC $500CL to a full blown QS.  I've only had the Plat MC since Jan'2014.  They immediately said yes you can do that.  I also saw someone else post today or yesterday that they were able to do the same from Plat MC to QS.  I did it via online chat.  So give it a shot again.  It's a softpull anyways.

I called the number on my card and was told it wasn't possible. It's my only card with a annual fee on it. Smiley Frustrated

Message 33 of 69
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

So should I wait til the cards hit 6 months to PC or should I contact the EO? I already have an EO request pending for a CLI on both of the cards.

Personal:

Business:

Message 34 of 69
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

So should I wait til the cards hit 6 months to PC or should I contact the EO? I already have an EO request pending for a CLI on both of the cards.

I would try PC the platinum to Quicksilver through chat on your account page now. I sent you a PM before realizing you contacted the EO.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 35 of 69
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I would try PC the platinum to Quicksilver through chat on your account page now. I sent you a PM before realizing you contacted the EO.

I just tried the chat and the gentleman walked me through how to check myself under "my account". Should I try again with someone else and request that to them? With my cards being 2-3 months old wouldn't inhibit getting a PC? Thanks for the PM BTW.

Personal:

Business:

Message 36 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldnmn wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

He already has a QS1.  So I think it's better to PC the Plat to Venture.  He could even PC the QS1 to QS.  Why not do this instead of having two QS?

Message 37 of 69
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

He already has a QS1.  So I think it's better to PC the Plat to Venture.  He could even PC the QS1 to QS.  Why not do this instead of having two QS?

I think I'd definitely get shut down if I try the venture, wouldn't I? I still have a **bleep** CS because of my BR. But again, like you said, both cards are in the "excellent" category.. so potato, potahto...lol

Personal:

Business:

Message 38 of 69
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I think I'd definitely get shut down if I try the venture, wouldn't I? I still have a **bleep** CS because of my BR. But again, like you said, both cards are in the "excellent" category.. so potato, potahto...lol

+1 top tier card with BK less than two years chances slim to non. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 39 of 69
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Quick... on online chat and the guy says I can upgrade BOTH cards to QS? What should I do? Does it make sense to have 2 QS cards? I inquired about the venture. Lets see what he says.

Personal:

Business:

Message 40 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.