cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't like this bank, but should I use their offer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I don't like this bank, but should I use their offer?

@Anonymous wrote:
Barclay's offerings decent and very useful. the problem is you really need back up and by doing so as you get more accounts… no good. My mom and my brother both have Barclays accounts and very satisfied. I just went overboard with accounts and spent a little too much. When I went knocking to use my credit for a balance transfer they slam the door on me. More accurately, they slammed the door on me with bare feet under the door ripping up my toenails…

Ow ... ch  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are going to judge a bank by the credit limit they give you that seems a pretty low standard. Chase gave us 27k on our Southwest card right out of the gate. Still don't like them.  

Still like 'em  Haven't done anything negative for me so far.  Nothing wrong with me saying they've been good to me, so why not?  Just don't have a reason to not like them, maybe they did something to you, not me, not yet anyway  To each their own, YMMV, yada yada.

Message 12 of 15
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@MAZDA3 wrote:

I think this whole "relationship" propoganda tossed around this website is stupid. Use the card that suits you, not some weird goal of becoming a banks bestie.

I agree that to be a vendor's ideal customer per se is not really a worthwhile goal.  I guarantee their policies and strategies to maximize shareholder value will always trump their relationship with you as an individual.

However, there are some advantages to synergizing products from some lenders to optimize your benefit.  For example, there's a lot to be gained by having a large investment in a BoA/ML account and having one of their cards with enhanced rewards earning on everyday spending.  The bank might call that a relationship, while I'd just call it choosing products that provide maximum benefit to you.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are going to judge a bank by the credit limit they give you that seems a pretty low standard. Chase gave us 27k on our Southwest card right out of the gate. Still don't like them.  

Still like 'em  Haven't done anything negative for me so far.  Nothing wrong with me saying they've been good to me, so why not?  Just don't have a reason to not like them, maybe they did something to you, not me, not yet anyway  To each their own, YMMV, yada yada.

Seems pretty far off topic. 

Message 14 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not really, once someone opens the can of worms about ones relationship with banks, the convo will take off. And in around away , it is relevant to topic of OP as he/she included not liking the particular bank or how some felt towards said bank.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.