cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't need no stinkin' Bank Americard anyway...

tag
ceejx
Established Contributor

I don't need no stinkin' Bank Americard anyway...

Got a call from Bank of America to get additional info for my Bank Americard 123 Rewards application. He asked me about income, credit, my derog from 2006 that falls off in 6 months and a 60 day late in 2006. And declined me... told me I don't have enough established credit lines that are open, (nevermind 6 +accounts, each over $10k, that were paid off in half the time and a high 690s EX score). Actually told me to go to myFico.com and read the boards on how to re-establish my credit. 

Is there an executive office I can call for recon? Otherwise I'm going to let this go since I already got $11k in credit lines, just don't want to waste an HP.

Really wasn't excited about being lectured on re-establishing my credit after being told I was declined....

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: I don't need no stinkin' Bank Americard anyway...

Silly seigex, everyone knows you need 22+ revolving accounts, 7+ installment loans, and 1 partridge in a pear tree before apping for BoA.

They did you a favor ;-)

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 20
ceejx
Established Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Silly seigex, everyone knows you need 22+ revolving accounts, 7+ installment loans, and 1 partridge in a pear tree before apping for BoA.

They did you a favor ;-)

Hah, right, I forgot I have to have established credit to establish credit. I thought I plead a really good case too, talking about my assets, my savings, paying everything off early... yeeesh... Oh well I'm still learning Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 20
FrugalRican
Blogger

Did you ask for the rep's screen name?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 20
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

When the denied me I called their credit department. I spoke to a very nice woman who put me on hold several times then approved me.

Current Cards:
Message 5 of 20
ceejx
Established Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

HAH! I was wondering that when he said it... I'm sure he's reading my post right now....

Message 6 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

Same boat as you. I apped for their 1-2-3 card back in November last year, flat out denied even with a recon

Message 7 of 20
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@seigex wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

HAH! I was wondering that when he said it... I'm sure he's reading my post right now....

I was gonna say the same thing. What's up with not hooking a brother up from the same forums !

Message 8 of 20
ceejx
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Same boat as you. I apped for their 1-2-3 card back in November last year, flat out denied even with a recon

I probably just need to let it go, my AAoA is already going to die with 3 new credit lines opened up... and I'm going to look at getting a mortgage in the next year (as long as they don't keel over laughing when they see how many inquiries I have now) ... so maybe it's best I don't...I just wanted an array of accounts...

Message 9 of 20
ceejx
Established Contributor

@altayar wrote:

When the denied me I called their credit department. I spoke to a very nice woman who put me on hold several times then approved me.

Were you denied straight out or did you talk to a CSR then recon after you were denied then?

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.