cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.

This must be rare since I don't see many post lately about it. My GE Walmart itself is hitting 2 years soon with cl of 7k.

I want my upgrade GE. I think I will see 10k cl on it first before I see an upgrade lol.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.

Rare indeed and no way of telling how the choose who to invite but at 7k you should be due IMO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 21
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I  was offered the upgrade soon after hitting the 2 year mark and having PIF a few times for near the CL.

I'm going to guess you'll probably get the offer this summer.  Your scores and other info make it almost a given.    Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 21
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I hope so and hopefully get to keep the same limit as well. If not the credit solution and I have a lot to talk about lol.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 4 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 21
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I think the fad is over with PCing it, since the rewards are kinda sucky. Is it safe to say that over eighty percent of the wally holders only have the card for the TU08?

Message 6 of 21
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Yes that is true. ATM $0.15 off per gallon on gas at Murphy stations and you can have 0% finance on big ticket items.

Message 7 of 21
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

The zero percent deal was the best in my eyes. Big screen!!!Smiley Very Happy

edit: No Murphy by me...gas part is useless.

Message 8 of 21
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:
I hope so and hopefully get to keep the same limit as well. If not the credit solution and I have a lot to talk about lol.

When I got the offer, it stated a slightly lower CL than I already had, I called and asked about that before accepting and was told they wouldn't lower the CL if I took the offer, that sometimes it shows a lower CL but people get to keep their CL 99% of the time or get a CLI when they take the offer.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 9 of 21
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

I have the wal mart discover. TBH, I don't use it outside of Wally World. If I didn't have the prime cards that I do now I would use it.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.