cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.

@armbenderc wrote:
This must be rare since I don't see many post lately about it. My GE Walmart itself is hitting 2 years soon with cl of 7k.

I want my upgrade GE. I think I will see 10k cl on it first before I see an upgrade lol.

$7K and 2 years? I don't see what the delay could be. I already have the "It" card, so I really don't need the Walmart one...Smiley Tongue

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 11 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:
This must be rare since I don't see many post lately about it. My GE Walmart itself is hitting 2 years soon with cl of 7k.

I want my upgrade GE. I think I will see 10k cl on it first before I see an upgrade lol.

I'm waiting for one myself Smiley Tongue

It will come!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 21
Mellon
Established Contributor

I've had the Walmart card since '08...just got the discover upgrade in Feb..increased my CL from 1.7k to 4k

Message 13 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

I've had the Walmart card since '08...just got the discover upgrade in Feb..increased my CL from 1.7k to 4k

Wow.....5 years for it!

Did you use it often??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 21
Mellon
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Mellon wrote:

Wow.....5 years for it!

Did you use it often??

yeah I used it a lot over the years. Even had a balance during the upgrade

Message 15 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Mellon wrote:

Wow.....5 years for it!

Did you use it often??

yeah I used it a lot over the years. Even had a balance during the upgrade

I hope it dont take that long for mine...............Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 21
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

$7K and 2 years? I don't see what the delay could be. I already have the "It" card, so I really don't need the Walmart one...Smiley Tongue

But WalMart one gives what Discover It doesn't. Free TU08 FICO score every month. It seems lenders don't use TU08 but TU04, so it may not be that useful...but it's free.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 17 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Many lenders use TU08.
My TU08 matches what Amex/Barclay's/ and GE themselves use. Ive seen it on my approval for Amex and Barclay's.

I wish I could use this card for gas, but isn't Walmart has bad for your car? Or have I fallen victim to a myth? Lol

I still only use this card at Walmart. The rewards suck, but once I grad- if I need a big azz new tv or something big- I will use to take advantage of 0% !! I love the cashback feature too. I use that for a $100-200 a month and pay NO fees. Then pif !
Another advantage to this card is the generous limit.

Hey, if they won't upgrade you...ask for a $10k limit. Credit is there to serve you.

I got my upgrade on the 26th month. I remember that faitful summer afternoon after a drunken nap. Lmao.

Good luck!👍👍😄
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 21
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

@ young. When you do get that big TV. Don't just look at the brand. Research the TV model. Wal tends to get the brand name we all know, but sometimes the crappy models. Happened to me 4-5 years ago when I got a vizio there. The ones at Costco after I researched it were waaaay better. However, I did get a sick ass 60 inch LED Smart TV during Black Thursday.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 21
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Many lenders use TU08.
My TU08 matches what Amex/Barclay's/ and GE themselves use. Ive seen it on my approval for Amex and Barclay's.

I wish I could use this card for gas, but isn't Walmart has bad for your car? Or have I fallen victim to a myth? Lol

I still only use this card at Walmart. The rewards suck, but once I grad- if I need a big azz new tv or something big- I will use to take advantage of 0% !! I love the cashback feature too. I use that for a $100-200 a month and pay NO fees. Then pif !
Another advantage to this card is the generous limit.

Hey, if they won't upgrade you...ask for a $10k limit. Credit is there to serve you.

I got my upgrade on the 26th month. I remember that faitful summer afternoon after a drunken nap. Lmao.

Good luck!👍👍😄

Thanks, next month is my 24 months. Crossing finger.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.