Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,589
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.


armbenderc wrote:
This must be rare since I don't see many post lately about it. My GE Walmart itself is hitting 2 years soon with cl of 7k.

I want my upgrade GE. I think I will see 10k cl on it first before I see an upgrade lol.

$7K and 2 years? I don't see what the delay could be. I already have the "It" card, so I really don't need the Walmart one...Smiley Tongue

 photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsbldohfea.jpg
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.


armbenderc wrote:
This must be rare since I don't see many post lately about it. My GE Walmart itself is hitting 2 years soon with cl of 7k.

I want my upgrade GE. I think I will see 10k cl on it first before I see an upgrade lol.

I'm waiting for one myself Smiley Tongue

 

It will come!




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 462
Registered: ‎08-31-2007
0

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.

I've had the Walmart card since '08...just got the discover upgrade in Feb..increased my CL from 1.7k to 4k

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.


Mellon wrote:

I've had the Walmart card since '08...just got the discover upgrade in Feb..increased my CL from 1.7k to 4k


Wow.....5 years for it!

 

Did you use it often??




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 462
Registered: ‎08-31-2007
0

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.


LS2982 wrote:

Mellon wrote:

I've had the Walmart card since '08...just got the discover upgrade in Feb..increased my CL from 1.7k to 4k


Wow.....5 years for it!

 

Did you use it often??


yeah I used it a lot over the years. Even had a balance during the upgrade

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.


Mellon wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Mellon wrote:

I've had the Walmart card since '08...just got the discover upgrade in Feb..increased my CL from 1.7k to 4k


Wow.....5 years for it!

 

Did you use it often??


yeah I used it a lot over the years. Even had a balance during the upgrade


I hope it dont take that long for mine...............Smiley Sad




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
Posts: 173
Registered: ‎02-13-2013
0

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.


indiolatino61 wrote:

armbenderc wrote:
This must be rare since I don't see many post lately about it. My GE Walmart itself is hitting 2 years soon with cl of 7k.

I want my upgrade GE. I think I will see 10k cl on it first before I see an upgrade lol.

$7K and 2 years? I don't see what the delay could be. I already have the "It" card, so I really don't need the Walmart one...Smiley Tongue


But WalMart one gives what Discover It doesn't. Free TU08 FICO score every month. It seems lenders don't use TU08 but TU04, so it may not be that useful...but it's free.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC; Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,279
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.

Many lenders use TU08.
My TU08 matches what Amex/Barclay's/ and GE themselves use. Ive seen it on my approval for Amex and Barclay's.

I wish I could use this card for gas, but isn't Walmart has bad for your car? Or have I fallen victim to a myth? Lol

I still only use this card at Walmart. The rewards suck, but once I grad- if I need a big azz new tv or something big- I will use to take advantage of 0% !! I love the cashback feature too. I use that for a $100-200 a month and pay NO fees. Then pif !
Another advantage to this card is the generous limit.

Hey, if they won't upgrade you...ask for a $10k limit. Credit is there to serve you.

I got my upgrade on the 26th month. I remember that faitful summer afternoon after a drunken nap. Lmao.

Good luck!👍👍😄
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 288
Registered: ‎08-24-2010
0

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.

@ young. When you do get that big TV. Don't just look at the brand. Research the TV model. Wal tends to get the brand name we all know, but sometimes the crappy models. Happened to me 4-5 years ago when I got a vizio there. The ones at Costco after I researched it were waaaay better. However, I did get a sick ass 60 inch LED Smart TV during Black Thursday.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: I don't see many Walmart to Walmart Discover upgrade.


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Many lenders use TU08.
My TU08 matches what Amex/Barclay's/ and GE themselves use. Ive seen it on my approval for Amex and Barclay's.

I wish I could use this card for gas, but isn't Walmart has bad for your car? Or have I fallen victim to a myth? Lol

I still only use this card at Walmart. The rewards suck, but once I grad- if I need a big azz new tv or something big- I will use to take advantage of 0% !! I love the cashback feature too. I use that for a $100-200 a month and pay NO fees. Then pif !
Another advantage to this card is the generous limit.

Hey, if they won't upgrade you...ask for a $10k limit. Credit is there to serve you.

I got my upgrade on the 26th month. I remember that faitful summer afternoon after a drunken nap. Lmao.

Good luck!👍👍😄

Thanks, next month is my 24 months. Crossing finger.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.