Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't understand

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

I don't understand

Everytime i ask for a CLI on walmart or JcPenney, I constantly receive this message

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we cannot process a credit limit increase online for this account.

I dont know why, does anyone have a clue or reason?

I am in great staanding wth them, have great credit, i just dont understand.

Thanks for your responses

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I don't understand

This is their standard verbiage indicating that you're not eligible for an increase at this time. You should be receiving a letter explaining why.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I've had better luck calling them than hitting the online button. How long have you had the cards, are you using them, ever letting a balance post are a few things to consider as well.
Message 3 of 9
oracles
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I've had better luck calling them than hitting the online button. How long have you had the cards, are you using them, ever letting a balance post are a few things to consider as well.

I use them sparingly. 

I've had the cards for at least 5+ years. I put a small purchase on them at least once every 4-5 months.

That could be the reason

Message 4 of 9
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

I get this message on all of my ge accounts...I call credit solutions 877-379-8173 and get my credit limit increases.  I have never been denied and I don't use my ge account all that much.  I have managed to get my Sams Club discover and Old Navy Visa up to 15,000 each in a little over 1 year.  

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 5 of 9
oracles
Valued Contributor

@suebee123 wrote:

I get this message on all of my ge accounts...I call credit solutions 877-379-8173 and get my credit limit increases.  I have never been denied and I don't use my ge account all that much.  I have managed to get my Sams Club discover and Old Navy Visa up to 15,000 each in a little over 1 year.  

Is it a HP for you Suebee when you call up?

Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@oracles wrote:

@suebee123 wrote:

Is it a HP for you Suebee when you call up?

It should be a SP.

Message 7 of 9
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Always a sp.  

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 8 of 9
oracles
Valued Contributor

@suebee123 wrote:

Always a sp.  

I called and they said they needed to transfer me to a senior underwriter. 

Does this happen to you as well suebee?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.