cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dont have any visa siggy's but.........

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I dont have any visa siggy's but.........

I recently took my nfcu cash rewards card up to 15k and last night my 123 BOA card up to 6k.  Is there anything to do to get them to pc to a visa siggy?  What are the perks to having a visa sig?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Re: I dont have any visa siggy's but.........

Yes you can call them up and ask to convert to Visa Siggy. BoA will do it with no problem.

Visa Siggy benefits can be found here: https://usa.visa.com/visasignature/benefits.jsp
Message 2 of 10
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

So will NFCU, I just did this a few weeks ago.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 3 of 10
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Each creditor will automatically reissue the card to Visa Sig if credit line is above 5k 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 4 of 10
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Each creditor will automatically reissue the card to Visa Sig if credit line is above 5k 

That is not necessarily true there are plenty people on here with CL over 5k that don't have VS.  Also not every card can become a VS regardless of how large their CL is.

Message 5 of 10
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

That is not necessarily true there are plenty people on here with CL over 5k that don't have VS.  Also not every card can become a VS regardless of how large their CL is.

I should clarify that Navy Fed does this but others may not....

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 6 of 10
Trilom

NFCU issues them automagically, no need to call them unless you're impatient.

BoA you have to call and PC, it is harmless I just did it and received my cards in about a week.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 10
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

I recently took my nfcu cash rewards card up to 15k and last night my 123 BOA card up to 6k.  Is there anything to do to get them to pc to a visa siggy?  What are the perks to having a visa sig?

You want it before really knowing what the benefits are?

Message 8 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Visa Siggy benefits can be found here: https://usa.visa.com/visasignature/benefits.jsp

Though you'd need to confirm with each creditor/product.

Message 9 of 10
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Visa Signature perks are just about the same on any Visa Siggy card. The extras are not provided by Visa but instead provided by the lender depending on the product. (I.E. Citi Prestige. Travel credits and Global Entry fee waivers aren't provided by MC but instead by Citi but you still get all the other WEMC benefits) Same with Visa Siggy.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.