Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!

@zerobacan wrote:

They are going to want to talk to you. they have like 30 questions that only you on the phone need to answer.

It's not a big deal... OP Don't be nervous about it, The CEO is not calling you and they simply say they got your letter and sorry you have not had a better experience, I'm going to handle this personally and send this over to a credit person to look at and then call you back as soon as I hear from them... Now tell me what you are looking for:

1. Better Rewards - the new Green Cash card with the 50% each year is on top next to Venture if you prefer travel rewards.

2. Better Interest - this has been mix as I read these posts but they were "able" to put my partners interest rate back to the original opening interest rate which for him I believe was 12.99 or something and he had currently been around 20% or soomething.

3. CLI - ASK FOR THE MOON - they counter! partner was at $7500 and asked for $25k to match Navy.  She asked IF he would "consider" less if they could not do the $25k? and of course he said yes and they came back and gave him $15,000.

They called within couple hours of email, then called by next day if not later that day I believe... it's fast and easy.

oh and of course the what is your job,income,and we have permission to pull a SP credit?

All done!

Message 11 of 36
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for giving me a heads up as to what the questions will be, I will be cool. Smiley Indifferent <------ see this face? this face means business!!! 

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 12 of 36
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@percy81 wrote:

Thank you for giving me a heads up as to what the questions will be, I will be cool. Smiley Indifferent <------ see this face? this face means business!!! 

LOL

I mean, maybe the first person that was able to get this to work and started sharing it was a surprise to Capital One by how quick and upset people wrote in... but now they really should just create a short form for people to send in!!... they probably spend the first 5 minutes just looking for what the card member wants in these LONG e-mails!

I'm just glad regardless of how it happens, that it is happening... Look at GE - They figured it out and figured it out GOOD!

Now we need Target to do it too!

Message 13 of 36
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

I had the same idea.

I screwed up my credit several years back. Was sitting at 440 when I started my journey.

After getting a subprime car loan and a CAP1 secured card they increased my card limit without any new deposits. Went from $200 to 500.

Got brave after 16 months with the secured card and applied for the rewards Mastercard. I was approved for $500 and credit step to $750 after 6 months.

Called about a CLi 9 months in and of course was denied and that is where the letter came in. I was contacted by a very nice Lady in the Executive Office.

As mentioned answered the standard questions and requested $3000 limit. I was advised someone would be calling after reviewing my history and doing a soft pull.

Logged in to my account the next morning and saw $1500 limit. Needless to say I was happy with the limit being doubled.

Lots of folks bad mouth CAP1. I for one think that overall they help alot. At least in my case.

In my opinion, them taking a chance on me 2 years ago had a part in my being approved for the Barclaycard rewards mastercard yesterday with the $3000 limit I was looking for and the 2.99% car loan I took out 10 months ago.

Message 14 of 36
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Matt6995 wrote:

I had the same idea.

I screwed up my credit several years back. Was sitting at 440 when I started my journey.

After getting a subprime car loan and a CAP1 secured card they increased my card limit without any new deposits. Went from $200 to 500.

Got brave after 16 months with the secured card and applied for the rewards Mastercard. I was approved for $500 and credit step to $750 after 6 months.

Called about a CLi 9 months in and of course was denied and that is where the letter came in. I was contacted by a very nice Lady in the Executive Office.

As mentioned answered the standard questions and requested $3000 limit. I was advised someone would be calling after reviewing my history and doing a soft pull.

Logged in to my account the next morning and saw $1500 limit. Needless to say I was happy with the limit being doubled.

Lots of folks bad mouth CAP1. I for one think that overall they help alot. At least in my case.

In my opinion, them taking a chance on me 2 years ago had a part in my being approved for the Barclaycard rewards mastercard yesterday with the $3000 limit I was looking for and the 2.99% car loan I took out 10 months ago.

I think all the negative issues with Capital One comes down to the overseas reps who have nothing they can do... I don't feel like people hate Capital One with no reason... Sure, Beggers can't be choosers when you start rebuilding and Capital One has been a better step then First Premier... But when you have a higher Credit Line on First Premier and Credit One, I get crouchy!

They just needed this President Office to handle AFTER the credit building part, or to take care of the customers they had when they NEVER had credit issues.... I don't mean to sound discriminating when I say this (afterall I am part of the sub prime capital one customers)... I don't feel that I with a $300 or $500 CL sub prime customer should be calling in to the same number and same reps as the prime customers and having the same experience.

My partner with $7500 is pretty high up but my parents use to have that blue whatever travel reward signature something rather card and it was over $16k... they should not call and ask about an AF waiver or APR reduction and get a script read back to them in my opinion!

But yes, the stepping stone and the car loans! they are great and have used them all a couple times!

Message 15 of 36
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ a3quit4s wrote:
No way I really want to know what they have to say. I hate CapOne with everything in my soul

ROFLMAO!
Message 16 of 36
b_Rad
Established Member

Waiting to hear the response they give you. I actually emailed them yesterday.

Starting Score: 583 February 16, 2013
Current Score: EQ 634 April 11 TU 645 (Walmart) April 2013
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challe
Message 17 of 36
percy81
Frequent Contributor

While sitting hear patiently waiting for a response, I finally decided to convert my MORE to an IT Smiley Very Happy Can't sit still when waiting on news!!!!!

Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 18 of 36
missji
Regular Contributor

Good luck, now wish ME luck. I emailed the CEO on Wednesday, got a call from the Exec Office on Thursday and answered some questions. Waiting to hear back...
Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 36
percy81
Frequent Contributor

@missji wrote:
Good luck, now wish ME luck. I emailed the CEO on Wednesday, got a call from the Exec Office on Thursday and answered some questions. Waiting to hear back...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO MISSJ!!!!!! Smiley Wink

Goal 800+
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.