cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!

Epic Contributor

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!

zerobacan wrote:

They are going to want to talk to you. they have like 30 questions that only you on the phone need to answer.

It's not a big deal... OP Don't be nervous about it, The CEO is not calling you and they simply say they got your letter and sorry you have not had a better experience, I'm going to handle this personally and send this over to a credit person to look at and then call you back as soon as I hear from them... Now tell me what you are looking for:

1. Better Rewards - the new Green Cash card with the 50% each year is on top next to Venture if you prefer travel rewards.

2. Better Interest - this has been mix as I read these posts but they were "able" to put my partners interest rate back to the original opening interest rate which for him I believe was 12.99 or something and he had currently been around 20% or soomething.

3. CLI - ASK FOR THE MOON - they counter! partner was at $7500 and asked for $25k to match Navy.  She asked IF he would "consider" less if they could not do the $25k? and of course he said yes and they came back and gave him $15,000.

They called within couple hours of email, then called by next day if not later that day I believe... it's fast and easy.

oh and of course the what is your job,income,and we have permission to pull a SP credit?

All done!

Message 11 of 36
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for giving me a heads up as to what the questions will be, I will be cool. Smiley Indifferent <------ see this face? this face means business!!! 

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 29,500/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 10,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 12 of 36
Epic Contributor

percy81 wrote:

Thank you for giving me a heads up as to what the questions will be, I will be cool. Smiley Indifferent <------ see this face? this face means business!!! 

LOL

I mean, maybe the first person that was able to get this to work and started sharing it was a surprise to Capital One by how quick and upset people wrote in... but now they really should just create a short form for people to send in!!... they probably spend the first 5 minutes just looking for what the card member wants in these LONG e-mails!

I'm just glad regardless of how it happens, that it is happening... Look at GE - They figured it out and figured it out GOOD!

Now we need Target to do it too!

Message 13 of 36
Regular Contributor

I had the same idea.

I screwed up my credit several years back. Was sitting at 440 when I started my journey.

After getting a subprime car loan and a CAP1 secured card they increased my card limit without any new deposits. Went from $200 to 500.

Got brave after 16 months with the secured card and applied for the rewards Mastercard. I was approved for $500 and credit step to $750 after 6 months.

Called about a CLi 9 months in and of course was denied and that is where the letter came in. I was contacted by a very nice Lady in the Executive Office.

As mentioned answered the standard questions and requested $3000 limit. I was advised someone would be calling after reviewing my history and doing a soft pull.

Logged in to my account the next morning and saw $1500 limit. Needless to say I was happy with the limit being doubled.

Lots of folks bad mouth CAP1. I for one think that overall they help alot. At least in my case.

In my opinion, them taking a chance on me 2 years ago had a part in my being approved for the Barclaycard rewards mastercard yesterday with the $3000 limit I was looking for and the 2.99% car loan I took out 10 months ago.

Message 14 of 36
Epic Contributor

Matt6995 wrote:

I had the same idea.

I screwed up my credit several years back. Was sitting at 440 when I started my journey.

After getting a subprime car loan and a CAP1 secured card they increased my card limit without any new deposits. Went from $200 to 500.

Got brave after 16 months with the secured card and applied for the rewards Mastercard. I was approved for $500 and credit step to $750 after 6 months.

Called about a CLi 9 months in and of course was denied and that is where the letter came in. I was contacted by a very nice Lady in the Executive Office.

As mentioned answered the standard questions and requested $3000 limit. I was advised someone would be calling after reviewing my history and doing a soft pull.

Logged in to my account the next morning and saw $1500 limit. Needless to say I was happy with the limit being doubled.

Lots of folks bad mouth CAP1. I for one think that overall they help alot. At least in my case.

In my opinion, them taking a chance on me 2 years ago had a part in my being approved for the Barclaycard rewards mastercard yesterday with the $3000 limit I was looking for and the 2.99% car loan I took out 10 months ago.

I think all the negative issues with Capital One comes down to the overseas reps who have nothing they can do... I don't feel like people hate Capital One with no reason... Sure, Beggers can't be choosers when you start rebuilding and Capital One has been a better step then First Premier... But when you have a higher Credit Line on First Premier and Credit One, I get crouchy!

They just needed this President Office to handle AFTER the credit building part, or to take care of the customers they had when they NEVER had credit issues.... I don't mean to sound discriminating when I say this (afterall I am part of the sub prime capital one customers)... I don't feel that I with a $300 or $500 CL sub prime customer should be calling in to the same number and same reps as the prime customers and having the same experience.

My partner with $7500 is pretty high up but my parents use to have that blue whatever travel reward signature something rather card and it was over $16k... they should not call and ask about an AF waiver or APR reduction and get a script read back to them in my opinion!

But yes, the stepping stone and the car loans! they are great and have used them all a couple times!

Message 15 of 36
Moderator Emerita

@ a3quit4s wrote:
No way I really want to know what they have to say. I hate CapOne with everything in my soul

ROFLMAO!
Message 16 of 36
Established Member

Waiting to hear the response they give you. I actually emailed them yesterday.

Starting Score: 583 February 16, 2013
Current Score: EQ 634 April 11 TU 645 (Walmart) April 2013
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challe
Message 17 of 36
Frequent Contributor

While sitting hear patiently waiting for a response, I finally decided to convert my MORE to an IT Smiley Very Happy Can't sit still when waiting on news!!!!!

Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 29,500/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 10,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 18 of 36
Contributor

Good luck, now wish ME luck. I emailed the CEO on Wednesday, got a call from the Exec Office on Thursday and answered some questions. Waiting to hear back...

NEW GARDEN CLUB MEMBER as of 3/23/2013. No activity until 8/2015 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Score:
Current Score (as of 3/19/2013): 663
Goal Score: 750.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 36
Frequent Contributor

missji wrote:
Good luck, now wish ME luck. I emailed the CEO on Wednesday, got a call from the Exec Office on Thursday and answered some questions. Waiting to hear back...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO MISSJ!!!!!! Smiley Wink

Goal 800+
Message 20 of 36