Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎08-21-2011
0

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!

Thanks!  I have been stuck at $500 for two years and only asked for a $2000 limit. Well, I just logged on to my account and see that I was given a $250 increase so I guess I can't complain.


NEW GARDEN CLUB MEMBER as of 3/23/2013. No activity until 8/2015 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Score:
626
Current Score (as of 3/19/2013): 663
Goal Score: 750.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 266
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!


missji wrote:

Thanks!  I have been stuck at $500 for two years and only asked for a $2000 limit. Well, I just logged on to my account and see that I was given a $250 increase so I guess I can't complain.


Congrats!!! That's something, most can't get passed the "i'm sorry your account is not eligle" speech! If they give me a $100.00 increase I'll take it knowing i finally atleast got HEARD, you know? Don't go craaaazy with your new fortune, now!!! Smiley LOL

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 25,000/ Citi Simplicity 10,600 / Discover IT 11,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 10,000/ R us MasterCard 6,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎08-21-2011
0

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!

LOL!  I hear ya!  And I will try to hold on to my fortune but it's gonna be hard! Smiley Very Happy (and the person from the Exec Office just called me to let me know I was given the increase by the way.)  


NEW GARDEN CLUB MEMBER as of 3/23/2013. No activity until 8/2015 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Score:
626
Current Score (as of 3/19/2013): 663
Goal Score: 750.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!


percy81 wrote:

After over 3 years with the Capital One platinum card stuck at 1000 and no rewards, I've finally decided to contact the CEO instead of wasting my time with another failed attempt through calling CSR, online chat, backdoor number, secure message.

 

This is what I said in my email:

 

Good day, my name is blah blah and i've been a cardholder for over 3 years, now. I started with the Platinum card when I was beginning my credit building journey and since then i've not only shown EXCELLENT credit responsibility, i've taught others the importance of taking care of their credit and it's usage. 

Since the opening of my Capital One platinum card, i've also acquired a Chase Freedom And Discover More with excellent cash back rewards and nice credit lines. I really appreciate how Capital one approved me with a mediocre credit score, but now i'm in the high 700's and never missed a payment and would like to continue using my capital one card, but the credit limit is too low and i'm afraid if I use the card it will hurt my utilization and also this card doesn't offer any good rewards.

So, i'm here today inquiring with you about a possible product change or even if cash rewards can be applied to my existing platinum card with a credit line increase, i'll be more than happy to show Capital one some more love.

I do apologize for bothering the CEO with this issue, but i've tried calling on numerous occasions, online chat, secure message on the main website, to only get the same unhelpful response.

Thank you for your time

 



Sincerely, blah blah

 

 

Then I left my email. I didn't leave my phone number as i'm weary about putting that info out to just anyone, that and I get nervous when I talk to the higher ups and afraid of mumbling and sounding like an imcompetant idiot over the phone.  Smiley Embarassed

 

Wish me luck!!Smiley Happy


GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

 

If you could can you please PM me that email addy...Thanks!

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 266
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!


LS2982 wrote:

percy81 wrote:

After over 3 years with the Capital One platinum card stuck at 1000 and no rewards, I've finally decided to contact the CEO instead of wasting my time with another failed attempt through calling CSR, online chat, backdoor number, secure message.

 

This is what I said in my email:

 

Good day, my name is blah blah and i've been a cardholder for over 3 years, now. I started with the Platinum card when I was beginning my credit building journey and since then i've not only shown EXCELLENT credit responsibility, i've taught others the importance of taking care of their credit and it's usage. 

Since the opening of my Capital One platinum card, i've also acquired a Chase Freedom And Discover More with excellent cash back rewards and nice credit lines. I really appreciate how Capital one approved me with a mediocre credit score, but now i'm in the high 700's and never missed a payment and would like to continue using my capital one card, but the credit limit is too low and i'm afraid if I use the card it will hurt my utilization and also this card doesn't offer any good rewards.

So, i'm here today inquiring with you about a possible product change or even if cash rewards can be applied to my existing platinum card with a credit line increase, i'll be more than happy to show Capital one some more love.

I do apologize for bothering the CEO with this issue, but i've tried calling on numerous occasions, online chat, secure message on the main website, to only get the same unhelpful response.

Thank you for your time

 



Sincerely, blah blah

 

 

Then I left my email. I didn't leave my phone number as i'm weary about putting that info out to just anyone, that and I get nervous when I talk to the higher ups and afraid of mumbling and sounding like an imcompetant idiot over the phone.  Smiley Embarassed

 

Wish me luck!!Smiley Happy


GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

 

If you could can you please PM me that email addy...Thanks!

 


PM'd you, check your inbox and good luck! Smiley Wink

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 25,000/ Citi Simplicity 10,600 / Discover IT 11,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 10,000/ R us MasterCard 6,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!


percy81 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

percy81 wrote:

After over 3 years with the Capital One platinum card stuck at 1000 and no rewards, I've finally decided to contact the CEO instead of wasting my time with another failed attempt through calling CSR, online chat, backdoor number, secure message.

 

This is what I said in my email:

 

Good day, my name is blah blah and i've been a cardholder for over 3 years, now. I started with the Platinum card when I was beginning my credit building journey and since then i've not only shown EXCELLENT credit responsibility, i've taught others the importance of taking care of their credit and it's usage. 

Since the opening of my Capital One platinum card, i've also acquired a Chase Freedom And Discover More with excellent cash back rewards and nice credit lines. I really appreciate how Capital one approved me with a mediocre credit score, but now i'm in the high 700's and never missed a payment and would like to continue using my capital one card, but the credit limit is too low and i'm afraid if I use the card it will hurt my utilization and also this card doesn't offer any good rewards.

So, i'm here today inquiring with you about a possible product change or even if cash rewards can be applied to my existing platinum card with a credit line increase, i'll be more than happy to show Capital one some more love.

I do apologize for bothering the CEO with this issue, but i've tried calling on numerous occasions, online chat, secure message on the main website, to only get the same unhelpful response.

Thank you for your time

 



Sincerely, blah blah

 

 

Then I left my email. I didn't leave my phone number as i'm weary about putting that info out to just anyone, that and I get nervous when I talk to the higher ups and afraid of mumbling and sounding like an imcompetant idiot over the phone.  Smiley Embarassed

 

Wish me luck!!Smiley Happy


GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

 

If you could can you please PM me that email addy...Thanks!

 


PM'd you, check your inbox and good luck! Smiley Wink


Thanks!! Smiley Happy

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 266
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!

You're very welcome!! Smiley Happy

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 25,000/ Citi Simplicity 10,600 / Discover IT 11,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 10,000/ R us MasterCard 6,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
New Contributor
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎10-31-2011
0

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!

 Smiley Indifferent

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 266
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!


lazylane wrote:

 Smiley Indifferent


Lol, yes I know. My sentiments exactly! I received an email back saying that they will be contacting me for further information and no calls thus far. Monday is when I got the email....tick tock, tick tock.

I'm not going to contact them again, this card isn't worth it to me, i'm glad others had success with them through the CEO email, but i'm not going to try anymore.

Of course, I will be checking my account daily to see if they just automatically take care of the issues I stated, haha i guess im an optimist Smiley LOL

I will keep this thread updated with or without good news.

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 25,000/ Citi Simplicity 10,600 / Discover IT 11,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 10,000/ R us MasterCard 6,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 321
Registered: ‎08-13-2011
0

Re: I emailed Capital One CEO!!!!!!

I emailed the Capital One Executive Office on Thursday last week, asking for an increase from my current limit of 1500 to 6000 and also a product change to the Venture card or world mastercard. I got a call back on Monday from a very pleasant chap who said they would look into it and get back to me. Yesterday just as he said he promised, he called and said they were not able to get me the 6000 i requested but increased me to 4000 for now and they would not be able to do a product change just yet as the cards I wanted required a 5000 starting credit limit...I was more than pleased...coming back from a BK7 which is 2.5 years old...Capital One's EO has been good to me.This was my second successful CLI ....I plan to reach out to them in another 6 months hopefully they'll give me a nice bump. Interesting thing was that he acknowledged the fact that their current system was ineffective and people automatically get rejected for CLI when going through the normal customer service channels....They were working on it and sometime in the near future they will have it sorted out.  As long as the EO can get us where we desire.....I encourage others to give them a try.


Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 700myFICO(9/7/12), TU: 710myFICO(9/2/12), EX Plus:701(lp,4/16/12)
Goal Score: 700

Wallet: Discover IT $20300, Capital One Platinum $15000, Barclays Rewards $5700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500.
Keep the Hearth of your Thoughts Pure, by so doing you will be Happy and bring Peace!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.