Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I exceeded my credit limit and I need an urgent help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I exceeded my credit limit and I need an urgent help

I have MasterCard with Citi and suddenly this morning, something happened, I do not know what till now because I have many pending transaction that suddenly I found that for the first time in my credit life, I exceeded the ctredit limit with $1000. I immediately went ahead and made a paymen of $2000 to be posted same day and my next statment is till after 12 days. I am very worried about if this will affect my credit history and will they report that even after I paid before the statment losing. Also, will they increase my APR or consider me a high risk customer and may consider any undesirable actions?

Please, help me as they do not provide any helpful information over the phone.

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Re: I exceeded my credit limit and I need an urgent help

Personally, I'd just call them and explain the honest mistake.  They'll understand and notate the account, and probably even credit any over the limit charges...then try will probably try to sell you on the payment protection program Smiley Happy

Message Edited by BP2003 on 12-02-2009 08:38 AM
***From ashy to classy***
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I exceeded my credit limit and I need an urgent help

@BP2003 wrote:

Personally, I'd just call them and explain the honest mistake.  They'll understand and notate the account, and probably even credit any over the limit charges...then try will probably try to sell you on the payment protection program Smiley Happy

Message Edited by BP2003 on 12-02-2009 08:38 AM

I'll have too second that and agree with BP on this. You shouldn't have to much to worrry about, hell you just sent them a nice payment.Smiley Wink

Good Luck

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.