Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I expected INQs that never showed up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I expected INQs that never showed up

I am curious... I know I applied for a Best Buy card and a credit line at a furniture store last month that never showed up on my CRs. Also, a Circuit City denial listed a different credit bureau than TU, EX, or EQ, but I can't remember what. That also never showed up on my CRs. I'm certainly not complaining. I'm just curious about why they didn't...
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: I expected INQs that never showed up

The first thing that comes to mind is if you have a split or dup file.

If you use a CMS and pull monitoring reports daily... big chance of this being a split file which is easily fixable by requesting that the CRA merge the two.

Did you ever use any other SSN... or typo it on applications?  Anyone ever do the same to you (any other odd names or addys on your CBRs?).  That would be something to look into.

Additionally, if you disputed old but valid addys off of your reports this can cause issues.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 31
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Was Circuit City pulling Innovis?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SmartCookie wrote:
The first thing that comes to mind is if you have a split or dup file.

If you use a CMS and pull monitoring reports daily... big chance of this being a split file which is easily fixable by requesting that the CRA merge the two.

Did you ever use any other SSN... or typo it on applications?  Anyone ever do the same to you (any other odd names or addys on your CBRs?).  That would be something to look into.

Additionally, if you disputed old but valid addys off of your reports this can cause issues.

Hmm...I don't think anything like that has happened and all of the addresses on my account are valid. I have also never disputed an address. I do use TrueCredit. How would I know if there was more than one file?
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SmartCookie wrote:
Was Circuit City pulling Innovis?

That doesn't sound familiar. The letter is at home. I can check it after work. Something makes me think it was three letters, like CHC or something...
Message 5 of 31
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

TracyFace wrote:

That doesn't sound familiar. The letter is at home. I can check it after work. Something makes me think it was three letters, like CHC or something...

Hmm I have to check but it sounds like Chex Systems... doesn't make sense unless they pulled more than 1 bureau.  Yes please let us know what exactly it was, I'm curious.

As far as seeing if you have a split file, just call up the CRAs and have them check and see if there is something to merge.  If this is the case, yep you will see all those INQs but it has to be done.  Split files are not good.  Again, if this is not the case let us know... someone here will help you figure it out.  Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

SmartCookie wrote:

TracyFace wrote:

Hmm I have to check but it sounds like Chex Systems... doesn't make sense unless they pulled more than 1 bureau.  Yes please let us know what exactly it was, I'm curious.

Following this thread because this has me curious as well.  Circuit City pulling Chex for a CC app?  Weird.

Message 7 of 31
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

hiya cheddar!

I'm just guessing... would be strange wouldn't it?  Would have to be a 2nd pull though... maybe they had trouble with the 1st INQ on one of the big 3 due to a split and wanted more verification?

We shall see..... 
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes. I am terrified that there is a horrible hidden credit report out there somewhere that I am about to discover... I will report back...
Message 9 of 31
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

TracyFace wrote:
Yikes. I am terrified that there is a horrible hidden credit report out there somewhere that I am about to discover... I will report back...

Don't worry too much... it looks like you pulled your FICOs just the other day.  When you can't pull your own reports is when there is 'Big Trouble'.

We'll wait for your report.  Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.