cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Not no more since Ive go these amazing peoples advice)

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: I feel ashamed!!!

And yes lexie thats all I can do for now...

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 61
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Then if your family is in debt the last thing you want to do is add more debt. It's really each to say 'charge' until that bill comes. Take baby steps, you'll get there when you are ready.

Edit : typo

Please do you have nothing but time on your side and the blessings of this forum behind youSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 61
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Okay everybody get ready to throw something at me...... I re-applied for 76 card I know I feel very very very bad!!!! and not just that my DS and I did a joint app for US Bank CC and got denied. Its gonna be a month already since I have been working, I had hopes since I can now report an income but that didnt work, Just recebtly I requested a TU and EQ credit reports and there is nothing but inquiries. I havent yet to open my bank acct with CITI since I have no DL, ID nor bill under my name (UGH feeling very disappointed while writing this) Its A  new month and I am starting FRESH as of today October 1st. Since the hotel I am working for is not branded yet I dont know if I will have the direct deposit option yet which i dont mind paying the $10 monthly fee for now when I open my acct. I will get my first pay check with a pay stub this friday since my first pay check was a personal check. I feel like I let everybody down in the forums.

First off - don't feel ashamed.  Honestly, you have to start somewhere and everyone encounters some bumps along the way to some degree.  You are young and learning.  All you can do is keep moving forward and keep your chin up.  Take a deep breath and reflect on some of the lessons from the previous month so that you don't fall in the same situation again.

However, the first thing that needs to get established is an official ID, even before you get your actual DL. On the upside, you are working and earning a paycheck which is great!  Now, you gotta park your earnings somewhere...is Citi still your primary banking choice or have you considered other options?  Also, be patient with yourself and don't go on applying for anything until you have all your ducks in a row.

Message 13 of 61
jeffg330
Regular Contributor

I agree not to be so hard on yourself, you have your whole future ahead of you. I have to ask though, how can you open ANY bank account without DL/State ID?

Maybe it would be best to get a secured card AFTER you get established with a bank account? I don't know your situation but it sounds like you might be putting the horse in front of the wagon....

Starting Score: EQ 609 EX 570 TU 656 March 2012 CH 7 BK 12/08
Current Score: EQ 691 EX 694 TU 713
Goal Score: all 3 700's.
Quicksilver $5000 Discover IT $1500 Barclays NFL $1250 Walmart $1500 CL Applied Bank $300 (secured)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

In the Garden till 12/14
Message 14 of 61
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
And in case you are confused that's myjourney holding you down!

Next time, think what would Lexie want me to do? Smiley Tongue

Oh goodness... I thought that was Lexie holding me down... LOL  Robot LOL

Message 15 of 61
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Bears- You have nothing to be ashamed about. Think carefully where you would like to bank however. I am currently with Chase (secondary) and BOFA (primary) and both have been good to me. You'll be okay since you've joined an excellent forum such as this one. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 16 of 61
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
And in case you are confused that's myjourney holding you down!

Next time, think what would Lexie want me to do? Smiley Tongue

Oh goodness... I thought that was Lexie holding me down... LOL  Robot LOL

Smiley Surprised

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 61
Mrjstics
Valued Member

yes your young and you can start over with rebuilding a good credit history again.  Look at it like a second chance but dont mess up twice or youll be tring to  spank yourself in the rear lol.   my .02

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Message 18 of 61
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Finstar Right now CITI is my primary choice simply because they are partnered up with a couple of ATMS, and yeah Im studying the questions via zoomzoom.com and plan to go soon for my DL. And yeah Ive learned my lesson with racking up CC debt and am happy for learning at this age that way I dont do it once I start my life.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 19 of 61
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@jeffg330 Thats why I was aiming for 76 since they dont require a ID nor DL for app. 

Message 20 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.