Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like a slave to my AAofA

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: I feel like a slave to my AAofA

Btw, the op seems extremely sophisticated in his understanding of credit and probably as he said is just venting vs seeking new advice. As I said earlier, I had similar problem to him, long but thinish file, but luckily had Amex to help.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 21 of 27
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

yeah, crashem, thats pretty much it. amex is a funny ally for me. i love everything about the company except the rewards. they should be killing everyone on the rewards side and they aren't...quite frankly. i have lamented to them several times that it is just wrong for them to be outdone by capital one. they make more revenue per swipe and more per user and i think they should reward accordingly...but they dont. And since my Plum is from March, the back dating at this point will only help a little. oh well...

thank goodnes for the wife. ;-)

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 22 of 27
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Yeah thinking about trading acm between me and my wife as both of us have member dates that would help aaoa. Two more amex from her. Although I am over 10+ aaoa so not sure how Much to gain to pushing to 13-14
Message 23 of 27
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Crashem,

You can have more blubber to fend off damaging blows from new credit. I wish I had more AAoA to beat up and still be around 800 when when the smoke clears. ;-)

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 24 of 27
Crashem
Valued Contributor

True. I don't really care about 800+. 760 is gold standard. I do want to get my credit file big and deep enough that I don't have to manage it actively. Stay above 760 with no active management of cl reported util and ability to app for card without worrying.
Message 25 of 27
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Indeed, Crashem.

That's why I am not resting on my laurels. My score is above 760 but not firmly. It's not robust. A few apps and new accounts will push me down quickly. 

This is now sort of a different kind of gardening. It's planting roots now to have a deeper, more hearty and resilient score later that needs no attention to stay in the upper 700s....provided I don't go delinquent, which goes without saying of course.

Message 26 of 27
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@ztnjpv wrote:

Webhopper,

You're good then! You have an incorporated business. They can see that. Is your corp ID'd with your SSN? If it is, that's fine. It will work. Call Amex's app number on the website. When you go to the app page, a box will come up offering a number to call to do it over the phone. Ask them what they need and call back tomorrow. You WILL be approved. I got my Plum with a 702 Experian. One pull. and then no reporting unless you are delinquent.

They didn't ask me for any income verification or tax return info. None of them did. I wouldn't have done that either. 

Ever look to see if you have tradelines reporting at Dunn and Bradstreet or EQ or EX Small Business? One of them will likely be checked. Chase checked my EX. They told me. If Cap1 or Amex looked at them, I don't know. They didn't divulge that info. EX seems to be the more popular of the two tradtional personal bureaus.

How long have you been incorporated? That might factor in but I doubt it's overly important.

I've been incorporated since 2008.  I doubt that I have any tradelines reporting, as everything that I've bought has been either paid for with cash or charged to personal cards. Basically I own three properties and I rent out two. The reason I make no money at it is because I've been heavily reinvesting into the properties, as they were very run down when I bought them. I've been able to double rents from the time that I first bought them due to all of the upgrades, but I'm still not making money.  I'm not really going to be making profit off of these things until much later, but I did this as an investment not necessarily to make a living off of. I have a day job for that.

I'm currently in the garden until I refinance the property and drop it down to 4% (point siggy).

The plan is to strategically app for more Amex products in 2013, as my reports will be totally clean by then. I think it would be great to have plum or even Amex business gold as well as Blue for personal use. I'm going to app for NFCU NavCheck in Sept.  Having a revolving LOC would be beneficial to me, as I don't want my contractor to have to pay swipe fees and I'm looking at doing some more work at the end of the year.

I've never checked to see if I have any business tradelines reporting.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.