Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel much lighter right now!!

tag
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

I feel much lighter right now!!

I did my spring cleaning three months ago where I closed 16 credit card accounts. I really feel great and have no regrets.

My current cards are in my signature below. Earlier, I had carried balances for several months and my utilization at that time was at 30%. My total credit line wax approx $100k.

Ever since my utilization has been at 1%. I realized that I had far too many accounts which I really did not need.

I was aiming at two more cards to add to my portofolio, AmEx PRG and Citi Diamond Preferred cards. This I was planning to do at end of October, but I could not hold myself any longer. I will close the Bank of Hawaii AmEx once I get an AmEx card.

My scores rose from 690 to 753 so I decided to take the plunge. I had no new enquiries since March 2015 but over forty enquiries, at least in each CR.

I applied for the PRG, and it appeared pending. For over two years I have been trying to get an AmEx card but at each app I got an instant denial.

I called the new accounts on the day of my app, Tursday, and they assured me that my application was in order, and that it has been transferred to the New Accounts Executive team for review.

I have been calling every them day since the day of my app and they said that they had mailed out a letter requesting some documents. They would'nt say what the documents were and I had to wait.

Is this a good sign, does it mean that I will be approved if I submit the documents? Does anyone know what documents they require?

I was an AU on my brother's AmEx in 1995 and 2010, for a short period. I was a Centurion Card member issued from the Middle East from 2008 until two months ago. I maintained an excellent credit history on all cards.

Ar the same time I applied for the Citi Diamond Preferred card and was approved two days later with a $3.6k CL. I was also denied for a Citi card for the past two years. So I'm quite satisfied with the CL.

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I feel much lighter right now!!

Amex probably is asking for POI

Message 2 of 18
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Irish ... but what's a 'PO'? Smiley Happy
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

POI = proof of income

Total guess but if I'm right I deserve a cookie Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amdm2013 wrote:
Thanks Irish ... but what's a 'PO'? Smiley Happy

Sorry, POI=Proof Of Income

Message 5 of 18
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Thanks
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
POI = proof of income

Here you go

image.jpg

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. That's brave of you. Definitely an inspiration. It can be hard and scarry considering closing TL's that you worked so hard to attain. Good for you!

Message 8 of 18
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, and sorry I've just run out of cookies Smiley Surprised

@Anonymous wrote:
POI = proof of income

Message 9 of 18
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Thanks buddafly. I was going crazy just apping for the sake of getting approved and not apping for cards that I actually needed.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.