Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel speshul... i got me my OWN preapproval letter... for CREDIT ONE

tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I feel speshul... i got me my OWN preapproval letter... for CREDIT ONE

Yeah I know, I'm not special.   but the BIG BOLD LETTERS telling me I was preapproved for their VISA Platinum were so pretty!

That included the honor of paying them 75.00 for the first year, but the AF for every year after is 99.. conveniently billed to my card every month in 8 buck installments.
OH and I could also have the honor of having an introductory interest rate of 27%.

and they sent me the cute fake card too...

it all made such a lovely sound getting munched through my shredder.  I know my scores took a hit from my mini app spree in July (AMEX BCE and Aliant CU Visa rewards) but I didnt' think it had sunk THAT low Smiley Happy 

(sorry, couldn't find the real sarcasm font in the font family . . .but I'm sure  y'all get it ...)

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: I feel speshul... i got me my OWN preapproval letter... for CREDIT ONE

@codimom wrote:

Yeah I know, I'm not special.   but the BIG BOLD LETTERS telling me I was preapproved for their VISA Platinum were so pretty!

That included the honor of paying them 75.00 for the first year, but the AF for every year after is 99.. conveniently billed to my card every month in 8 buck installments.
OH and I could also have the honor of having an introductory interest rate of 27%.

and they sent me the cute fake card too...

it all made such a lovely sound getting munched through my shredder.  I know my scores took a hit from my mini app spree in July (AMEX BCE and Aliant CU Visa rewards) but I didnt' think it had sunk THAT low Smiley Happy 

(sorry, couldn't find the real sarcasm font in the font family . . .but I'm sure  y'all get it ...)

My sister and I got these too. She also got one from First Primier. I have no idea why they sent them as both of our histories are perfect with very nice cards and limits. Anyway, next time stuff it back in the prepaid envlope they send with it so it costs them money. I also wrote some stuff on it just for fun.

Message 2 of 14
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Haha I received the exact offer today! Special $1,500 CL!! It's me first pre-approval, but I kindly reject. Lol

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 3 of 14
calihlove75
Established Contributor

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 4 of 14
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

omg...lol!!

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 5 of 14
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Congrats

you should accept and then make a BT from a prime card to Credit One for the AF Smiley Very Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 6 of 14
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I also received my first pre-approvak offer not too long ago but mine had an awesome 175af!
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 7 of 14
adavis425
Established Contributor

I got one yesterday!! It offered a $175 AF, 36% APR, $14 monthly maintenance fee AND.....a $700 CL!!! Yaaaaayyyyyy!! Smiley Very Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 8 of 14
codimom
Frequent Contributor

wow, you're more speshul than me... 36%!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 9 of 14
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

I feel like I have been working really hard to get to this point. What makes this offer even more incredible, is that I only have to pay $6.95 for a design card!

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.