Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I fell into the Credit One web!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I fell into the Credit One web!!

@Chris679 wrote:
OP I think everyone has been pretty spot on with the advice so far. Close Credit One today they are not a card that you put in the sock drawer you put them in the garbage disposal. Focus on getting the medical collections removed that is actually pretty easy to do then assuming your payment history is good you should be in the 700 club and companies will be falling all over you for your business. Like the nerdy kid in the teen movie that gets the makeover and now everyone wants to get with them.

After putting several nearly half inch holes through it... Hehehe.

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I am on the bus this evening, headed home from work and Credit One sends me a text,"your credit score has been updated".  So being the excited person that I am about my credit now, I log in to my account from my smartphone.  And what do I see, "your excellent credit gets you a $200 credit limit increase!" (fees apply)

So I click on accept and they are offering me an increase from $550 to $750 with me paying a $19.95 fee.  Because I thought the fee would be more like $75 I jumped on the offer.  I am now wondering if I was just a victime of the Credit One "fee monster"  or was it a wise move?  
I am feeling as if I shouldn't have taken the offer? 

I can't believe what I am reading.. They charge for CLI?your excellent credit gets you a $200 credit limit increase!" (fees apply). Now, thats how you nickel and dime a customer..

Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I am on the bus this evening, headed home from work and Credit One sends me a text,"your credit score has been updated".  So being the excited person that I am about my credit now, I log in to my account from my smartphone.  And what do I see, "your excellent credit gets you a $200 credit limit increase!" (fees apply)

So I click on accept and they are offering me an increase from $550 to $750 with me paying a $19.95 fee.  Because I thought the fee would be more like $75 I jumped on the offer.  I am now wondering if I was just a victime of the Credit One "fee monster"  or was it a wise move?  

I can't believe what I am reading.. They charge for CLI?your excellent credit gets you a $200 credit limit increase!" (fees apply). Now, thats how you nickel and dime a customer..

Just think, if AMEX did that, I'd have to get a home equity loan to pay the fees. Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just think, if AMEX did that, I'd have to get a home equity loan to pay the fees. Smiley Wink

I know right... Charging for a CLI is just nuts.

Message 34 of 36
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Fees for a CLI, thats ridiculous!!!

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 35 of 36
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Which is why I'm glad I'm blacklisted with credit one also. Could't take those fees when lost job, they were even more usury back in 2007.

Much better to build with just secured cards (I only used one for a year). Credit unions are great for that, no fee if you have account with them.

As to medical collections, I either payed for delete, or had my insurance coverage backdated, so even 2019 drop offs are now gone. It's easy to do, and you may qualify for backdated charity care, depending on your state laws.

Be prepared to search the rebuilding forum, and about a week of google searches (including BBB complaints against the collectors), so you can go in full force. I was able to do everything over the phone, just because of the knowledge I'd gained,
Signature needs updating
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.